GDT: Draft Day Part 3: Who's Stogie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
@stevezipay: Rangers vacating draft table fairly quickly....They'll be back at 10 a.m.

Good job Zip!

Can't wait for tomorrow's tweets.

"Gordie is taking a Potty break. Something brewing."

"Sather just moved. Either to scratch his back or maybe there's a trade to announce."

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That was uneventful all around. We were led to believe there would be more trade action than there was today.

eh, idk about that. ROR got moved, Hamilton got moved, Lucic got moved, G Reinhart got moved, Lehner got moved. Who else was expected to be moved except Talbot?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yes, everyone in our division, which has some bad teams in it. They got a lot better by taking some 18 year olds? Maybe I'm 2-3 years.

Better in theory. The draft is a crapshoot, and they can all be busts for all we know, but as of right now, the other teams in our division did draft some seemingly very promising players

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If the Rangers could find a way to grab Bittner and Roy, I'd be ecstatic.

Who knows, if they like those guys and have a chance to grab them, that could be part of a deal.

I like Bittner. The question for any team is likely to be his offensive upside. Some believe he benefitted greatly from a strong team. Others believe he's undervalued because of his team.

Personally, I tend to fall into the latter category.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Man I'd love to find a way to get Sprong. Kid is a heck of a player.

I really like him as well.

I don't think he's going to be the most impressive all-around player, but I like goal scoring potential. From a goal scoring standpoint, I really liked him and Boeser for the second half of the first round.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
eh, idk about that. ROR got moved, Hamilton got moved, Lucic got moved, G Reinhart got moved, Lehner got moved. Who else was expected to be moved except Talbot?

Sorry. I meant during the draft.

Either way... Buffalo's top 6 next year:

Eichel
Ennis
O'Reilly
Kane
Moulson
Girgensons

That's pretty nice. 3 of those guys weren't even there last year.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Eichel
Ennis
O'Reilly
Kane
Moulson
Girgensons

Yeah, I've been thinking that Buffalo is poised to be much, much better this year. They're a sleeper team for sure.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Eichel
Ennis
O'Reilly
Kane
Moulson
Girgensons

This. The buffalo hate is ridiculous in this thread. That was a good trade for them.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Who knows, if they like those guys and have a chance to grab them, that could be part of a deal.

I like Bittner. The question for any team is likely to be his offensive upside. Some believe he benefitted greatly from a strong team. Others believe he's undervalued because of his team.

Personally, I tend to fall into the latter category.

I watched Bittner play a couple of times and I fall into the first category. It's not just him benefiting from being on a great team, it's him benefiting from being on a great line (with Bjorkstrand and Petan). He also doesn't seem all that interested in using all of that size he has. Still surprised he wasn't picked though.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
A name that didn't get moved today is Kerby Rychel. He's potentially a player who can step in right away and be a bottom-six forward, and CBJ is rumored to be interested in adding a right-handed defender. Is there a fit there with Klein?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I've been thinking that Buffalo is poised to be much, much better this year. They're a sleeper team for sure.

This. The buffalo hate is ridiculous in this thread. That was a good trade for them.

The D is still a question mark, to me. Ristolainen is a nice piece. I like Gorges and Bogosian, but neither is a top pair D. Maybe Pysyk finally breaks through. Maybe McCabe makes it. Not much else there.

And color me doubtful about Lehner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad