Draft Combine Invite List...

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Whats the story with Blake Kessel....he was born in April/89 so I am guessing his is eligible this year.....statistically he had a better year then Petrecki. Should he have been invited too??

this brings up 2 questions here...........

1) what is the cut off day for when someone is deemed eligible to be drafted. Is the ruling that they only have to be 18 on draft day...or is it 18 by June 1 ??

2) Assuming Kessel's eligible this year......what round do you see him going in.

Admittedly I've never seen him play or know nothing about him other then what I read on the USHL/Waterloo websites. What's his style of play.....he's got good size and, apparently, an offensive streak. He had a good +/- but I think Waterloo is one of the best teams in the USHL, so are the offensive #'s from him a tad inflated? I don't know.

Did he go through the USNTDP ??

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Whats the story with Blake Kessel....he was born in April/89 so I am guessing his is eligible this year.....statistically he had a better year then Petrecki. Should he have been invited too??

this brings up 2 questions here...........

1) what is the cut off day for when someone is deemed eligible to be drafted. Is the ruling that they only have to be 18 on draft day...or is it 18 by June 1 ??

2) Assuming Kessel's eligible this year......what round do you see him going in.

Admittedly I've never seen him play or know nothing about him other then what I read on the USHL/Waterloo websites. What's his style of play.....he's got good size and, apparently, an offensive streak. He had a good +/- but I think Waterloo is one of the best teams in the USHL, so are the offensive #'s from him a tad inflated? I don't know.

Did he go through the USNTDP ??

september 15th is the cut-off date.

kessel. never seen him play. my guess. 4th round.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site

Nick Petrecki's hype at this point has nothing to do with his point production. The hype is there because he's a man child that skates far above average for his size, has a controlled but effective mean streak, is a monster at clearing the crease, and has what many to believe to be an offensive game that will develop as he goes along due to his puck skills. His contributions aren't the type that show up on the score sheet. Scouts are comparing him to Adam Foote. In earnest, stats in the USHL are pretty inflated, by and large.

mapletoft

Jan 3, 2006
Dion Knelsen

Dion Knelsen from Alaska Fairbanks is definitely missing. Currently playing on Canada's U18 team in Finalnd - scored 2 goals and 2 assists last night.

RLM6628

Apr 14, 2007
no invite -Ian Cole - USA U18 NDTP Defense - red line ranking 14/15; Central Scouting 66?

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site

I recently saw Blake Kessel play. The hockey talent was not distributed anywhere close to evenly in that family -- Blake is just not very good. After seeing him, I'm stunned he put up such good numbers, but then as mentioned, Waterloo is a good team. He seems to get much more ice time than his play warrants.

If I were picking, I wouldn't draft him at all. There are just a lot of better players out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad