Draft Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

Pens Find Good Defensemen to end Fourth

Tommi Leinonen is tough as nails, strong, solid in his own end and he works hard.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thanks for the info. I like the little I've seen on Leinonen. After Crosby, anything else is pretty much icing on the cake this year, but you still should just be going BPA.

I like the Penguins second and third rounders ok too. I'm hoping they take a US High School player named Kyle Kucharski with their sixth or seventh round pick.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
MrKnowNothing said:
Thanks for the info. I like the little I've seen on Leinonen. After Crosby, anything else is pretty much icing on the cake this year, but you still should just be going BPA.

I like the Penguins second and third rounders ok too. I'm hoping they take a US High School player named Kyle Kucharski with their sixth or seventh round pick.

The Penguins are becoming very Devil-like in their drafting complete no names with their picks after the first round.

Alex Goligoski went 100 spots over his CBA ranking among North American skaters alone last year...and I have to say that's worked out pretty damn well so far.

Nice to hear good stuff about Leinonen because I've never heard of him. I like what I've read so far though.

A Good Flying Bird*

http://www.nhl.com/draft/2005/round6.html

follow the draft here ... although it's been kind of shaky since they started added comp picks.

A Good Flying Bird*

Leinone n was Finland's best player at the U-18 4 Nations Cup in Ann Arbor.,

He was one of the few Finish players who gave has hard as he took when playing the USA team, featuring Johnson/Skille/Stoa/MacVoy/Bailey/Mitera etc.

He was their captain in the tourney.

Very impressive.

A Good Flying Bird*

Another Steal

Colorado takes Justin Mercier ...
The most underrated of the USA NTDP players, IMO.

He's small, but in the games I saw this year, he was every bit as dangerous as Stoa and Skille.

A Good Flying Bird*

The Belarusian Brothers

SIARHEI KASTSITSYN drafted by the Habs

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
The Caps picked a player, Victor Dogvan who wasn't ineligible. His birthdate was listed as 12/29/87. A few minutes later his name had been taken off the list and then it was switched to "Claim Ineligible" and ever since that they havn't listed any more picks. The Caps broke the draft apparantly.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nice try Washington, but you lose out on the bonus points for not coming up with something as inventive as the "leap year adjustment" that Florida tried to convince the league made Alex Ovechkin theirs for the taking two years ago in the 9th.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Just saw my draft tape. How is it possible that a barely-English speaking foreigner Alexander Ovechkin had ten times the presense and charisma of Sidney Crosby?

ps. Not that "presence" has anything to do with one's future performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad