Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace2008

Jun 28, 2006
Jack of all trades type.

Not sure he has that higher end ceiling, but he probably has one of the higher floors in the draft. High IQ, great positioning, underrated offense.

Dobson reminds me of a slower Seabrook when he was draft eligible

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I really don't want to see any LHD drafted. We're kinda stacked with Lindgren, Hajek and Rykov. Nvm Staal, Skjei and others.

Concentrate on wings and RHD exclusively. We should pick a LW, RW and RHD with our 3 first rounders.

Bouchard, Bokk, Kaut ... is my dream as of now. Or Wallstrom and later a RHD and another wing.

Reactions: belford222

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
do whatever we need to do to move up and grab one of the big 3. a case could be made for all of them.

its been forever since weve had a true blue chip difference maker on this team. weve got 3 1sts this yr.

svechnikov would make this roster look so much better. then again, so would dahlin and zadina....

get one of those guys.

the devils transformed the team from slow and average and boring to fast uptempo and skilled in ONE draft. adding hall by trade and nico in the draft. speed and talent win games today.

FIRE AV

Reactions: LeetchisGod

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
Don't many people have Denisenko going in first round? I would take both of them easily in 2nd round and beyond.
Is Kravstov better than Denisenko?

Most mock drafts have Denisenko as a mid first, and kravstov as a late first, Kravstov has looked good and Denisenko while uber skilled IMO has slipped, I would swap there positioning. Kravstov in the 15-20 area and Denisenko 25-31.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
do whatever we need to do to move up and grab one of the big 3. a case could be made for all of them.

its been forever since weve had a true blue chip difference maker on this team. weve got 3 1sts this yr.

svechnikov would make this roster look so much better. then again, so would dahlin and zadina....

get one of those guys.

the devils transformed the team from slow and average and boring to fast uptempo and skilled in ONE draft. adding hall by trade and nico in the draft. speed and talent win games today.

FIRE AV

No one is likely to trade out of the top three. It didn’t happen last year with a lesser top three on the board, (and Gorton did his damnedest to make it happen.). If the Rangers want to be in the top three, winning the lottery is the only likely way they get there.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
Thoughts on Niklas Nordgren, for a pick in the 3rd to 4th?

W Niklas Nordgren (HIFK, SM-Liiga) — Short, stocky and an absolute bull in a china shop when he’s on the puck. His skating and footwork are excellent, and he can pivot away from danger, only to go right back at attacking it. Nordgren has sick hands and makes a living around the net.

from @Steve Kournianos

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
No one is likely to trade out of the top three. It didn’t happen last year with a lesser top three on the board, (and Gorton did his damnedest to make it happen.). If the Rangers want to be in the top three, winning the lottery is the only likely way they get there.

I don't see it happening either. Maybe if the Rangers trade all 3 first round picks. Even then, probably not

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So Kupari actually finished with a decent PPG output in Liiga (slightly below Kotkaniemi). He definitely has the skill, but Kotkaniemi is 4 months younger and has a more pro ready frame. If Kupari falls to one of our other picks, I’d consider it. I see him converting to RW in the future.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Still a chance they can get into the top 3 w/out any maneuvres. 17% Chance of landing a top 3. 5.4% chance of 1OA.

Per Tankathon
17.1%5.4%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Thoughts on Niklas Nordgren, for a pick in the 3rd to 4th?

W Niklas Nordgren (HIFK, SM-Liiga) — Short, stocky and an absolute bull in a china shop when he’s on the puck. His skating and footwork are excellent, and he can pivot away from danger, only to go right back at attacking it. Nordgren has sick hands and makes a living around the net.

from @Steve Kournianos

Yes!!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
So Kupari actually finished with a decent PPG output in Liiga (slightly below Kotkaniemi). He definitely has the skill, but Kotkaniemi is 4 months younger and has a more pro ready frame. If Kupari falls to one of our other picks, I’d consider it. I see him converting to RW in the future.

Maybe with NYR's last 1st rounder. I also think he converts to wing in the NHL, but he's a bull. Strong two-way game and has a great snap shot. Can beat guys one-on-one. Not sure if he'll be a top-6 scorer in the NHL, though. Think he benefitted from playing on a very good Karpat team. He's definitely top-9, ATM, but it has yet to be seen if he can be a prolific scorer. I could see some Nyquist mixed with Puljujarvi. Intriguing pick, for sure.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Still a chance they can get into the top 3 w/out any maneuvres. 17% Chance of landing a top 3. 5.4% chance of 1OA.

Per Tankathon
17.1%5.4%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I want the 6th slot to give us almost a 24 percent shot at a top 3. A long shot but hoping

Reactions: Lion Hound

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

get one of those guys.

FIRE AV

Would love svechnikov but if we get the 8th,9th or 10th pick its gonna take a kings ransom to jump to the number 1 or 2 spot. Think all our first round picks plus some. Probably a very good roster player as well. Not sure i wanna put all the eggs in one basket. IMO the only way we get top 3 pick this year is luck.
I could be wrong but Gorton tried last year to trade up and grab one of the stud dmen (not sure if it was makar or Heiskanen?? and the year before to grab Keller). I'm sure the Teams who held that spot were asking a kings ransom for those slots.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Would love svechnikov but if we get the 8th,9th or 10th pick its gonna take a kings ransom to jump to the number 1 or 2 spot. Think all our first round picks plus some. Probably a very good roster player as well. Not sure i wanna put all the eggs in one basket. IMO the only way we get top 3 pick this year is luck.
I could be wrong but Gorton tried last year to trade up and grab one of the stud dmen (not sure if it was makar or Heiskanen?? and the year before to grab Keller). I'm sure the Teams who held that spot were asking a kings ransom for those slots.
Pretty sure the report was they wanted Pettersson, not one of the D.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pretty sure the report was they wanted Pettersson, not one of the D.
I thought it was that they wanted makar but could be wrong. They also wanted Pettersson as well. Might have read that on the blueshirt banter. Happy with Lias but I think we literally saw every player we wanted gone as we sat at 7. Makar then Pettersson then Glass. On the flip side the second pick we had everyone i wanted was still around (kostin and Tolvanen) but of course can't argue with the Chytil pick

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't see how we could trade into the top 3 either. I think the best case scenario for us assuming we don't win the lottery is we lose enough to slot in around 6 or 7 and a guy like Tkachuk soars and goes in the top 3 and pushes everyone down (based off that tweet last week about a lot of teams being high on him like Buffalo). If that were to happen, a Zadina or Svechnikov falls to 4 and even if we don't get one of them it should put us in great position to get one of the dmen.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

The only way NYR move to No. 1, 2 or 3 is through the lottery. Otherwise, I don't think it's wise to move up to 4 or 5. There are plenty of potential elite players in the top-10. Use the picks they got. Keep the top-10 pick, maybe use a later 1st to move into the middle portion of the 1st and use the other later 1st. This is a good draft to get some good players. I trust Gorton, Drury, Gordie, Bobrov & Co.

As for last year, it was rumored NYR wanted to move up for Pettersson and rightfully so. Kid is going to be a stud!!

Reactions: LionsHeart and bl02

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I thought it was that they wanted makar but could be wrong. They also wanted Pettersson as well. Might have read that on the blueshirt banter. Happy with Lias but I think we literally saw every player we wanted gone as we sat at 7. Makar then Pettersson then Glass. On the flip side the second pick we had everyone i wanted was still around (kostin and Tolvanen) but of course can't argue with the Chytil pick

I remember wanting Yamamoto there, then Tolvanen, but when the Rangers took Chytil I was very happy. I remember watching game video on Chytil late in the year and was like "Yo, people are sleeping on this kid!!" He has definitely proved that this year in the AHL and pros by even making the Rangers out of camp. Can't wait to see what he can do next year!!

Reactions: bl02

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

kimchi-ppang-1.jpg

Buns....

Reactions: Ori and Lion Hound

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So right now we are what? The 12th pick-ish?
dangerously close since we passed the islanders (they have two games in hand tho) and tied carolina. Need to stay around 9 otherwise dropping few slot drops our chances of getting a top 3 almost in half from around 18 percent to 10 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad