Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
It's not rocket science.
Read the warning signs from his own GM...
So drafting a player of boqvist’s talent is dumb because you perceive him to be similar to zib and shattenkirk? I just want to make sure this is what your saying, because if Boqvist ends up like shattenkirk that’s a victory in my book

Have you been drinking? Maybe on drugs?

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Why trade up. 100% chance at least one of Wahlstrom, Hughes, Or Boqvist are available. All potential star players.

If you are concerned about Boqvists health and don't want to miss out on Hughes or Wahlstrom you likely need to move up.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So drafting a player of boqvist’s talent is dumb because you perceive him to be similar to zib and shattenkirk? I just want to make sure this is what your saying, because if Boqvist ends up like shattenkirk that’s a victory in my book

Have you been drinking? Maybe on drugs?

Instead of posting like a dumbass, how about you read the post first.
I never said it was dumb.
I'm comparing the mistake in acquiring certain player which is not a player comparison.
Shattenkirk is a fkn joke

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Instead of posting like a dumbass, how about you read the post first.
I never said it was dumb.
I'm comparing the mistake in acquiring certain player which is not a player comparison.
Shattenkirk is a fkn joke
Your posts literally make no sense, id love a dislike button for situations like this lol

50-60 point defensemen are jokes in the nhl today I guess?

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Kudos to Crow for a creative, yet highly realistic mock. I really love the Bouchard call at 8, thereby setting up the following eight minutes of OMG WAHLSTROM IS A RANGER / "And with the 9th pick, the New York Rangers select Joel Farabee..." could positively see it...Also agree with the Boqvist drop, it could be a free fall situation that finds him in Philadelphia or Jersey.

FWIW, if we come away with one of Wahlstrom, Zadina, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, I'm feeling some degree of 'A' level and pleased. Boqvist makes me nervous but I want him if one of the aforementioned is not remaining at 9. I like Kravtsov as well. I think Farabee has a 10-year career, not sure I want him at 9. I do not want Bouchard.

We need definitive answers - and it's coming one way or other. One more night of this shit.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
He's just allergic to people who put the puck in the net.

Read the article.
Is he going to put the puck in the net at the NHL level or is going to go cower in the corner like a little bitch and hide?
Clearly you have it all figured out though so lets just ignore his GM's comments.
They mean nothing! :thumbu:

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Kudos to Crow for a creative, yet highly realistic mock. I really love the Bouchard call at 8, thereby setting up the following eight minutes of OMG WAHLSTROM IS A RANGER / "And with the 9th pick, the New York Rangers select Joel Farabee..." could positively see it...Also agree with the Boqvist drop, it could be a free fall situation that finds him in Philadelphia or Jersey.

FWIW, if we come away with one of Wahlstrom, Zadina, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, I'm feeling some degree of 'A' level and pleased. Boqvist makes me nervous but I want him if one of the aforementioned is not remaining at 9. I like Kravtsov as well. I think Farabee has a 10-year career, not sure I want him at 9. I do not want Bouchard.

We need definitive answers - and it's coming one way or other. One more night of this ****.
Couldn’t have said it better myself, the problem is Wahlstrom is a potential 40-50 goal scorer. Please let’s not get cute and pass on him if he’s available.

With our luck he’s gone before then though

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Read the article.
Is he going to put the puck in the net at the NHL level or is going to go cower in the corner like a little ***** and hide?
Clearly you have it all figured out though so lets just ignore his GM's comments.
They mean nothing! :thumbu:
And let's also ignore all the scouts who have watched him since he was 16. Give me a f***ing break man. You have this stupid obsession with guys who have offensive skill being "wimps" or some shit. Get over it and grow up.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
And let's also ignore all the scouts who have watched him since he was 16. Give me a ****ing break man. You have this stupid obsession with guys who have offensive skill being "wimps" or some ****. Get over it and grow up.

That's just idiotic.
I want a player that can play in both ends and I look at a players game as a whole but I guess you just get insulted when someone questions a players weaknesses.
That's simply because you know shit about defense and just look at point totals which is absurd on ever level.
Maybe you should grow up and understand why people question certain things instead of going into a little hissy fit..

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don't know that he gets past Chicago but maybe I'm wrong.

Chicago is our biggest enemy in terms of picking him before us. I don’t see the needs of any of the others teams screaming wahlstrom

I hear you guys. Maybe they think he's BPA. Their need lies in a defenseman. It would depend on how high Wahlstrom is on their board. If he's their #5 guy and Bouchard their #10, they will take Wahlstrom. But if there's only a spot or two difference between the two, ultimately I think they go with defense. Time will tell.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
That's just idiotic.
I want a player that can play in both ends and I look at a players game as a whole but I guess you just get insulted when someone questions a players weaknesses.
That's simply because you know **** about defense and just look at point totals which is absurd on ever level.
Maybe you should grow up and understand why people question certain things instead of going into a little hissy fit..
On (I think it was) Friedman’s podcast last week, they talked about Boqvist’s play during international tournaments and he said some scouts aren’t sure if he was ever on the ice for a goal against this year. The defensive ability is there, he’s a 17 year old who admitted he’s got a lot of work to do and thinks he’s 2 years away from even coming over

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
On (I think it was) Friedman’s podcast last week, they talked about Boqvist’s play during international tournaments and he said some scouts aren’t sure if he was ever on the ice for a goal against this year. The defensive ability is there, he’s a 17 year old who admitted he’s got a lot of work to do and thinks he’s 2 years away from even coming over

I'm not worried about his defence. As you said he's 17 years old. But I am concerned about him having multiple concussions at that age.

Reactions: GregSirico

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I hear you guys. Maybe they think he's BPA. Their need lies in a defenseman. It would depend on how high Wahlstrom is on their board. If he's their #5 guy and Bouchard their #10, they will take Wahlstrom. But if there's only a spot or two difference between the two, ultimately I think they go with defense. Time will tell.

If Montreal takes kotkaniemi one of Wahlstrom or Boqvist will very likely be on the board. We could use either.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
That's just idiotic.
That's simply because you know **** about defense and just look at point totals which is absurd on ever level.
You grouping him with Zib or Shatty makes ZERO sense. If you want to question his concussions, that's legit ... it's a concern I have too ... but other than that your takes are biased.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I tend to agree. Though I also think the Rangers might end up taking a flyer on him with all the picks they have.

I agree. Seems very much like a Gorton type of player.

DeAngelo and Day. Merkley fits in well with that trio. I doubt any of them make the NHL on a regular basis.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
My final word before we do this thing:

1. Buffalo - Rasmus Dahlin, D
2. Carolina - Andrei Svechnikov, F
3. Montreal - Brady Tkachuk, F
4. Ottawa - Noah Dobson, D
5. Arizona - Filip Zadina, F
6. Detroit - Quinn Hughes, D
7. Vancouver - Jesperi Kotkaniemi, F
8. Chicago- Evan Bouchard, D
9. NY Rangers - Oliver Wahlstrom, F