Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Dear Rangers (and other teams): do not be so certain we won't take Tkachuk...

Stick to your guns, Gorts. Don't trade for 3 unless it's not a crazy price, and if you do trade, take Zadina.

Tkachuk is as much a center as Drouin is. Would fit Bergevin's MO. With Tkachuk picked at 3, Ottawa will go with Boqvist to replace Karlsson, Arizona picks Wahlstrom (they like their US NTDP players), Detroit goes with Hughes (Blashill connection), Vancouver grabs Ty Smith, trusting their Canucks Army guys saying he's better than Dobson, Chicago goes with Hayton expecting him to be ready.

That leaves Bouchard, Dobson,Kotkaniemi, Veleno, Kravtsov for us at 9

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Tkachuk is as much a center as Drouin is. Would fit Bergevin's MO. With Tkachuk picked at 3, Ottawa will go with Boqvist to replace Karlsson, Arizona picks Wahlstrom (they like their US NTDP players), Detroit goes with Hughes (Blashill connection), Vancouver grabs Ty Smith, trusting their Canucks Army guys saying he's better than Dobson, Chicago goes with Hayton expecting him to be ready.

I'm not buying it.

They're taking Kotkaniemi.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You still have Berggren that low? may i ask why? Sorry if you've covered reason why.

Just not sure the offense and hands are there are the higher level.

LOVE the energy and the way he plays. Not sure that doesn't translate better as a middle six support player. A very likeable player, one that a lot of teams are looking for, but not necessarily a clear cut first rounder for me.

The inherent risk with energy guys is that they are very to love, because they leave it all out there and they bust their asses, but they are also easy to over-project.

Think about the guys we spend most of our time on here debating --- often the character guys who aren't quite clear-cut top 6 players. But we really, really want them to be.

Already on the main boards you see people saying he's top 20, or that he should be top 10, etc.

He's a good player, but he's not there at this point.

Reactions: bl02

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Just not sure the offense and hands are there are the higher level.

LOVE the energy and the way he plays. Not sure that doesn't translate better as a middle six support player. A very likeable player, one that a lot of teams are looking for, but not necessarily a clear cut first rounder for me.

The inherent risk with energy guys is that they are very to love, because they leave it all out there and they bust their asses, but they are also easy to over-project.

Think about the guys we spend most of our time on here debating --- often the character guys who aren't quite clear-cut top 6 players. But we really, really want them to be.

Already on the main boards you see people saying he's top 20, or that he should be top 10, etc.

He's a good player, but he's not there at this point.

This and other descriptions make him sound like a Ryan Hartman-like player. Sound about right?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

I don't see Ott taking Boqvist at 4, or Ty Smith to Nucks...but, this is shaking out to be a crazy top 10.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Where's Zadina?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Are replies with quotes not showing up for anyone else?

I see people quoting my post, but I can't read what they have with it. It just shows my original post quoted.

upload_2018-6-19_14-42-1.png

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Are replies with quotes not showing up for anyone else?

I see people quoting my post, but I can't read what they have with it. It just shows my original post quoted.

View attachment 125817
Same.

EDIT: though this appears to have worked.

I'm guessing the Panarin news caused the servers to experience heartburn. If this is how bad it is with only two trades and a major rumor in the lead-up to the draft, imagine how bad Friday is going to be...

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Listen I won't hate on any prospect we pick. I'll look them up, make a new picture. Like I did with Andersson. It's all gravy, don't mean my entire meal will be spoiled if we don't get Kaut or Bokk.
I'm aware they are most certain not to drop to 26 ... sadly. Maybe one of them ... Friday can't come soon enough.

I will expect management to come out of this with at least 2 homeruns though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad