HF Habs: Draft 2018: What are your immediate draft class feelings?

What grade would you give the Habs 2018 draft selections

• A+

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • A

Votes: 59 28.4%
  • A-

Votes: 49 23.6%
  • B+

Votes: 33 15.9%
  • B

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • B-

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • C+

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • C

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • D

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
My immediate draft class feelings is all the our present needs were fulfilled. I gave a blind trust on them.

Remain to discover what'd be their ending.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What are draft class "feelings"? Are they filled with regret?

Never thought I'd ever see a thread title on a hockey board that included the word "feelings".

I can't be at work today. I'm experiencing draft class feelings ...

P8VO.gif

So, the Hockey News conducted a redraft of the 2018 Draft Class and wondering what your "feelings" might be now?

Capture_d%C3%A9cran_le_2019-05-02_%C3%A0_08.38.35.png

Feelings ... nothing more than draft class feelings ...

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I seem to recall last year there was a fair amount of talk on if the Habs should draft Jay O'Brien, he announced he's leaving the NCAA and going to play in the BCHL next year after struggling to produce with just 5 pts in 25 games.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal

Never thought I'd ever see a thread title on a hockey board that included the word "feelings".

P8VO.gif

So, the Hockey News conducted a redraft of the 2018 Draft Class and wondering what your "feelings" might be now?

Feelings ... nothing more than feelings ...
How did Ty Smith drop a spot after the season he had...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Off topic but looks like we dodged a bullet with Jay O'Brien, hes changing program so he's going to the BCHL next year. Pretty much a wasted year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

P8VO.gif

Feelings ... nothing more than draft class feelings ...

I'm not an expert on these prospects. But from the little I know, I'd take Romanov over Wahlstrom and probably many others on that list.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So. How we ranking this draft now?

Still an A?

You got 2 NHLers with Ylonen putting up near a ppg in his 2nd AHL season, so there's clearly something there imo, and Harris is a lock to be an NHLer. So if you get 4 NHLers that's a win in my books. Just because they had shit development for KK and rushed a project to the NHL at 18 with no clear plan in mind and couldn't stick to any plan if their life depended on it, which in terms of the job I guess you can say it did and they failed and it cost them.

Right off the bat if you draft a guy and say he's a project yet put him in the NHL, you should be fired for being a f***ing noob.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
You got 2 NHLers with Ylonen putting up near a ppg in his 2nd AHL season, so there's clearly something there imo, and Harris is a lock to be an NHLer. So if you get 4 NHLers that's a win in my books. Just because they had shit development for KK and rushed a project to the NHL at 18 with no clear plan in mind and couldn't stick to any plan if their life depended on it, which in terms of the job I guess you can say it did and they failed and it cost them.

Right off the bat if you draft a guy and say he's a project yet put him in the NHL, you should be fired for being a f***ing noob.
Harris is far from a sure NHLer though and for know I only see Romanov as a clear NHLer with an impact

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I know that's always your take, so you are immensely consequent. And I applaud you for that. But I can't agree. We will see how Romanov and JK and Ylonen and Harris will develop. But if you can't have a top end player out of a draft with 6 top 75 picks....I really can't see how an A should be applied. 'Cause if it does....what do you give Jersey with Sharangovich and Smith? Or Chicago with Boqvist and Kurashev? Or Isles with Dobson and Wahlstrom? Or Sens with Tkachuk and Docker?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harris is far from a sure NHLer though and for know I only see Romanov as a clear NHLer with an impact

He is 100% a lock to be an NHLer, no doubt about it.

I know that's always your take, so you are immensely consequent. And I applaud you for that. But I can't agree. We will see how Romanov and JK and Ylonen and Harris will develop. But if you can't have a top end player out of a draft with 6 top 75 picks....I really can't see how an A should be applied. 'Cause if it does....what do you give Jersey with Sharangovich and Smith? Or Chicago with Boqvist and Kurashev? Or Isles with Dobson and Wahlstrom? Or Sens with Tkachuk and Docker?

We'll see what KK turns into, that will be telling, but if you can get 4 full time NHLers then to me it's a win.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

Agreed. And drafting a « project » at third overall……FFS SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so much of this draft relies on what happens with KK, and if he can improve on the next 2-3 years or not. Right now his career ppg is .37 which over 82 games is 30 pts. A 30 pt player is not what you want for a 3rd OA pick, so the question is can he become a consistent 40 pt player, 0r 50 pt player or better then that?

In the playoffs his goals per game is at .31 which is a hair away from 26 goals over 82. So that's a bit odd for a guy that's a pass first playmaker, to do so well in the playoffs scoring goals but the rest of the time his overall production just hasn't been where it needs to be. As of last night, only 3 players from the 2018 draft have scored more regular season goals then him. I always liked the shot but thought he needed to get more accurate and get it off quicker but the fact that he's actually not picking up assists is troubling since that was supposed to be more his bread and butter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad