Draft 2006 (players you want and don't want)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Jori_18_23 said:
What he said...

I figure the Avs will be between the high teens to mid 20s. The Avs big weakness in their farm system is defense. I don't follow the draft close enough...can anybody offer suggestions on potential dmen who would be available towards the bottom third of the first round?
Nobody specific, but I'd like Lacroix to attack our needs on the blueline like he did our forward depth the past couple of drafts.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'd love to see the Canes make a move for Berra and Kai Kantola. Both could be had in the 3rd round or later.

I'm honestly not sure who I don't want to see Carolina draft since we don't have a 1st anymore, but I don't want to see another draft with more then one goalie this year.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
DaveG said:
I'd love to see the Canes make a move for Berra and Kai Kantola. Both could be had in the 3rd round or later.

I'm honestly not sure who I don't want to see Carolina draft since we don't have a 1st anymore, but I don't want to see another draft with more then one goalie this year.

Could you fill me in on Kantola or point me in the direction of an article? Haven't heard anything about him. I'm hoping we focus more on offense this year seeing as how many of our prospects are defenseman and goalies. With Nastiuk and Peters on the way up I'd say drafting one goalie is enough and I hope that one is Berra. Other than that pick up some forwards and I'm happy.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
:leafs

1st Round.

In the ideal world i see the Leafs grabbing Bryan Little. I love this guy.

My other choice will be Micheal Frolik because im certain he'll drop a bit because of his poor WJC. He's a high risk, high reward player. I'd love to grab him.

2nd Round.

1. Leland Irving. ( Solid Goalie prospect who i can see dropping to the second round )
2. Jesse Joenssu ( Noone even talks about him anymore, i'll take him if he's available )
3. Swedish defenseman ( Joglund or something )... :innocent: I heard alot of good things about him. He's their top offensive d-man.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Cardiac_Canes said:
Could you fill me in on Kantola or point me in the direction of an article? Haven't heard anything about him. I'm hoping we focus more on offense this year seeing as how many of our prospects are defenseman and goalies. With Nastiuk and Peters on the way up I'd say drafting one goalie is enough and I hope that one is Berra. Other than that pick up some forwards and I'm happy.
I'm trying to dig up up the NandO article on Kantola from a little while back. He's the first real prospect to come out of Triangle hockey. He's played in Finland and was just on the US Viking Cup team. I think he plays for a team in Fargo right now (Fargo Jets?) but someone else might know a bit more on that. The guy is absolutely sick as a puckhandler. Best I'd compare him to is a Ray Whitney with a bit more size and a bit less speed.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
I hate the leafs but Bryan Little and Kyle Wellwood would be fun to watch together, better put a monster on their line though cause them two together are tiny...

As for my Hawks... 1-3... did you know the Chicago Blackhawks in franchise history have never had the first overall draft pick? I hope they can get lucky at the lottery and pick Kessel it's REALLY what they need... at 3rd overall I wouldnt mind taking Staal if we dip that low... I dont want to see the Hawks draft Erik Johnson, for the sole reason the hawks have enough defensive prospects as is with Barker, Seabrook, Keith, Byfuglien, and Richmond...

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
IMO the wild need:

1. defensive prospects
2. goaltending depth
3. maybe a scoring winger if one is available

round 1- Bobby Sanguinetti is the puck moving D we need in our system, I think his other shortcomings can be treated and corrected under the lemaire system...if he is gone, BPA
2- If we dont get Sanguinetti in the first, then I hope Matt Corrente in the 2nd...if we do get Sanguinetti, then I say either Blake Geoffrion, or Leland Irving
3rd- Ryan Daniels for goaltending depth, or take a chance on Carl Sneep

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Having perused the rankings. Colorado is at 19 right now. Ty Wishart and Mark mitera intriuge me with the 1st.

Mathue Carle (just so we'd be getting a Matt Carle back in town ;) ) David fisher, Brian Strait, Carl Sneep in the second

ryan Turek interests me, he's fast and plays both forward and defence. I think swingmen like that will be invalueable reserves with the cap.

Like the college strategy from last time. Gives the prospects longer to learn.

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

The last thing I want Toronto to do is choose a defenseman in the Top 10, unless some disaster/miracle happens and that pick happens to be the first overall.

I'm not high on any of the other defensive prospects (well, I'd take them in the late teens, but not the Top 10.)

I'd prefer a guy like James Sheppard or Michael Frolik, despite our bunch of young forwards of which I am somewhat pleasantly suprised...

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
happy hour said:
Whats the date of this years draft??

Septermber 1987 - till July 1988 or something like that. All i know is next year would be my draft year!

Little is the guy i dont want, ill be very annoyed if we draft him.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
For the Blues, drafting in the 1-5 range.

Players I'd like (not necessarily in order): Frolik, Backstrom, E. Johnson, Staal

Players I'd prefer not to take: Kessel. I've just heard too many negative things about this guy. I acknowledge his offensive talent, but I think the Blues need to pick a more complete player.

At the bottom of the first round, with Carolina's pick, I'd like to get a shot at Tlusty, Wishart, or Emmerton.

Then, the Blues get another pick at the top of the second round. If any of the guys listed above are still on the board, I'd take them there, but I'd also look at Grabner, Corrente, Clutterbuck and Figren.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
Prussian_Blue said:
For the Blues, drafting in the 1-5 range.

Players I'd like (not necessarily in order): Frolik, Backstrom, E. Johnson, Staal

Players I'd prefer not to take: Kessel. I've just heard too many negative things about this guy. I acknowledge his offensive talent, but I think the Blues need to pick a more complete player.

At the bottom of the first round, with Carolina's pick, I'd like to get a shot at Tlusty, Wishart, or Emmerton.

Then, the Blues get another pick at the top of the second round. If any of the guys listed above are still on the board, I'd take them there, but I'd also look at Grabner, Corrente, Clutterbuck and Figren.

P_B

I suggest you watch kessel and not just go off hearsay...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Chrisd said:
I suggest you watch kessel and not just go off hearsay...

Thanks for the "suggestion," but I've seen Kessel play a time or two... kindly take the condescending attitude elsewhere, please.

Character matters, especially in a working-class city like St. Louis, and Kessel's character is a legitimate issue.

The Blues have already had one offensive-minded, "me-first" superstar who scored tons of points, and also alienated teammates, management, and (eventually) fans. I don't believe they need another.

P_B

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Prussian_Blue said:
Thanks for the "suggestion," but I've seen Kessel play a time or two... kindly take the condescending attitude elsewhere, please.

Character matters, especially in a working-class city like St. Louis, and Kessel's character is a legitimate issue.

The Blues have already had one offensive-minded, "me-first" superstar who scored tons of points, and also alienated teammates, management, and (eventually) fans. I don't believe they need another.

P_B

Mike Martz?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Prussian_Blue said:

P_B

I guess then you knew that Kessel came to campus early to lift weights with his fellow freshmen. Is going to live in off campus housing next year with teamates. Is often seen around campus just hanging out with friends. A very quiet kid that would rather talk about the team and not himeself. Yeah he is all the tools to be a selfish scorer that does care about anything but himself. Kessel's only weakness is that he is shy. So people have to specualte about him.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
MN_Gopher said:
I guess then you knew that Kessel came to campus early to lift weights with his fellow freshmen. Is going to live in off campus housing next year with teamates. Is often seen around campus just hanging out with friends. A very quiet kid that would rather talk about the team and not himeself. Yeah he is all the tools to be a selfish scorer that does care about anything but himself. Kessel's only weakness is that he is shy. So people have to specualte about him.

Good for him.

Perhaps Kessel will turn out to be a fine hockey player. I still don't think I want the Blues to draft him.

P_B

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
:wings
(25 - 30)

Would Like:
Aaron Snow
Ben Maxwell
James DeLory
Cory Emmerton

Don't Want:
Nick Foligno
Theo Peckham

Can't really comment on many of the Eoros who are rated outside the top 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad