DRAFT: #184 - Marek Langhamer

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Well, I'll say that since Knickle came from Nashville and they've usually had a solid stockpile of goalies as in recent years, I can take some solace in that. We have Lee, Domingue and Vizentin potentially all turning pro it was time for another amateur. I hardly know anything about this guy but in three years time if anything happens to one of those three up there, this guy could have a good chance coming right up behind them.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Won't pretend to know the first thing about what kind of goalie he is, but I've got a soft spot for Czech players so I gladly welcome him.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
had a solid stockpile of goalies as in recent years,

It's so much better than those couple pre-Bryz years where the prospect of trying to get a starting G in here was so horrifying. Had nothing to look forward to from the farm at all.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Found this about Langhamer:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/73919/hertl-tops-the-czech-crop-for-the-2012-nhl-draft/

...Langhamer has shown an ability to face a heavy shot load and keep his team in games where they might otherwise suffer a blowout. Traffic in front doesn’t faze him, and he has good reflexes..."

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/marek-langhammer/17531/

Butterfly goalie with a quick glove and strong athletic ability. Has quick reflexes, fast legs, good lateral movement, solid rebound control, good positioning, and great recovery ability. Calm when the attack is strong and drives when taking shooters on. Very lean and had no formal goaltending coach until four seasons ago. Intriguing goalie prospect.

Sounds like someone we know. ;)

Last edited:

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
It would appear as if Langhammer will be migrating to the WHL this season as Medicine Hat took him 47th in the import draft today.

Usually teams have prearranged deals with euro players before the draft so I would say it's a pretty good indication that he will play in North America this fall.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Will get to see a lot of this kid next year and I'm very excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad