Draft #12 - Max Domi

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Obvious retaliation for the 2 or 3 head shots Domi received a few seconds earlier. Poor officiating ended in Domi getting suspended.

I am sure Hunter will have a talk with the big boys on the team and make sure Domi is a little more protected.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

This was the play that got him suspended if anyone was wondering.

thanks. I can't bother to dissect the video but was the guy hurt? it looked like he sold it. it looks to me like both players should feel pretty stupid, and the suspension was warranted. I prefer to focus on Max's good qualities ;)

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
thanks. I can't bother to dissect the video but was the guy hurt? it looked like he sold it. it looks to me like both players should feel pretty stupid, and the suspension was warranted. I prefer to focus on Max's good qualities ;)

Nope. Didn't miss a shift.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Unnecessary selfish penalties usually designed to intentionally cause bodily harm and/or potential injury.

That's about 90% of the NHL players, but I think I know what you mean. Dustin Brown and Matt Cooke are dirty players, but a Phil Kessel is not.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
The second and third thrusts from McGinn are clearly penalty-worthy, but that video makes me think something else happened on an earlier shift that we aren't seeing. Never heard of Brock McGinn, and if hf's writeup is anything to go by, we'll never hear from him again, but Domi had better learn to deal with that because he'll probably see it again this year.

tc23, thanks for posting the video.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
the guy definitely sold it. Domi hit him more with his forearm/wrist, and it caught him in the ear, but the guy went down holding his mouth and nose.

That was still a hell of a flying elbow attempt though. He didn't even try to hide it.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I was reading a thread about Connor McDavid the other day and someone had posted top 10 ranking in different categories for the OHL.

Max Domi was ranked 2nd best stick handler and 2nd best playmaker in the OHL, behind McDavid each time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Max Domi was ranked 2nd best stick handler and 2nd best playmaker in the OHL, behind McDavid each time.

If Domi would just come in and be a 60-70 point center right away that would be so nice. Probably not realistic. Might take him some time like Kadri. But I want a forward to pan out for once, leaving no doubts. He can be a star this team can market.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If Domi would just come in and be a 60-70 point center right away that would be so nice. Probably not realistic. Might take him some time like Kadri. But I want a forward to pan out for once, leaving no doubts. He can be a star this team can market.

I know it was just a few preseason games, but Domi looked pretty darn good already in Tippett's system next to the Czechs - didn't really look out of place at all. His skill is really self-evident, as well as his compete level.

If he does make the roster next year, I think Domi can make a legitimate run at the Calder.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I know it was just a few preseason games, but Domi looked pretty darn good already in Tippett's system next to the Czechs - didn't really look out of place at all. His skill is really self-evident, as well as his compete level.

If he does make the roster next year, I think Domi can make a legitimate run at the Calder.

I think Domi surpassed expectations in the preseason, but preseason expectations for such a young, offensively gifted forward are pretty low (especially in this system). Domi is the most dynamic offensive forward the Coyotes have drafted in a long, long time, but I think even he will have a hard time earning consistent top six minutes on this squad.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

Here's to hoping that we finally have our own home grown offensively successful NHL center. Funny to say that at this particular time, however. Hanzal has really been producing this year.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Sounds fantastic so far. Hope he's NHL-ready next year. Can you imagine him on a line with Ribeiro? Oh man. I think I need to go change my pants now.
Isn't Domi more of a playmaker than a goal scorer? I feel like Ribiero and Domi on the same line would result in a giant pass fest.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Bahahahha. Imagine a Boedkor, Riberio, Domi line. We'd dance around everyone with slick tape-to-tape passes but we'd never score.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Bahahahha. Imagine a Boedkor, Riberio, Domi line. We'd dance around everyone with slick tape-to-tape passes but we'd never score.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It'd be the most glorious passing display ever but a goal would never actually get scored!

Scottyb123

Feb 2, 2010
Max Domi

Not named to Canada's World Junior team. Was looking so forward to watching him over the holidays. :rant:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Uhhhhhhhh I thought he was a shoe-in???

Paging hbk or rt, what does this mean?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm shocked. I think Rychel and Shinkaruk both had goals in the subway super series, but that's a small basis for them to displace Domi. Both Rychel and Shinkaruk are goal scorers while Domi is clearly a pass-first guy. I guess goal scoring is the primary role of a winger in Sutter's mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad