Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
9ru1yr.jpg

3448sr5.png

just sayin.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It should be a no-brainer. He has a free ride to the Memorial Cup. Let him take that ride and show everyone just how good he is.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Domi in the NHL this season is a big mistake. Just let him develop properly.

More than anything I'm hoping one of Lessio, Brown, or Miele can step up and earn a spot. I really liked what I saw from Domi. He can flat out make a play and we need that even with Ribeiro. I'm sure we'll see the 9 game trial.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Apparently Buffalo had a deal worked out with Columbus for Domi if he had lasted past the Coyotes pick. On Columbus web site apparently.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Apparently Buffalo had a deal worked out with Columbus for Domi if he had lasted past the Coyotes pick. On Columbus web site apparently.

Wow, very interesting. From what I understand though, the Jets were pretty high on Domi, so I don't think he would have made it to 14 anyway if we didn't select him. Very interesting nonetheless though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd be more impressed if they were actively trying to jump the Coyotes via trade for him. Otherwise it just looks like jostling for bpa.

Feb 12, 2003
It's good that he's pissed but now lets hope he turns it into something productive. I'm kind of surprise by the reaction of everyone patting him on the back for this. I would have much rather seen him come back and dominate the game with a 5 point night or something showing that he was a NHL caliber player. Instead showing this suggests frustration, which is reasonable, but it also shows immaturity. Maybe Tippet and Maloney were right to send him back for another year of junior.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's good that he's pissed but now lets hope he turns it into something productive. I'm kind of surprise by the reaction of everyone patting him on the back for this. I would have much rather seen him come back and dominate the game with a 5 point night or something showing that he was a NHL caliber player. Instead showing this suggests frustration, which is reasonable, but it also shows immaturity. Maybe Tippet and Maloney were right to send him back for another year of junior.

Both Chris Brown and Henrik Samuelsson can cross that line into "dirty" as well. This may end up part of the franchise identity. Personally I'm fine with that. We've already got the haters all out of sorts and having fits. Why not keep that going? It's fun.

As for production, I wouldn't worry about that. I fully expect that despite missing games due to NHL camp, suspension, the top prospects game, WJC camp (including the Super Series), and the WJCs that he will still put up triple digit points. He's a stud. He will probably grab a good medal and a memorial cup while he's at it too. That's why it was best to send him back. He will be 100% ready for the NHL next season.

Last edited:

Scottyb123

Feb 2, 2010
Domi and the London Knights come to my city to play the Kingston Frontenacs on Nov 15h - can't wait to see his skills in person :handclap: Fortunately his suspension will be over.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Well, they were DEFINITELY right sending him back for another year of Jr's., but I am not convinced for the reason you suggest. I too would rather have seen him light the lamp as vengence, but no one can really predict nor summize in retrospect the split second decisions made in a hockey game. We're lookiing at a very young kid here, who certainly wanted to make the cut, had a Dad who played the game.... well, the way he did and there's a whole lotta lotta that goes into all that. Point being: I just don't think this one incident is necessarily indicitive of anything to come anymore than it is a reflection of what his career has been.

Last edited:

Feb 12, 2003
Well, they were DEFINITELY right sending him back for another year of Jr's., but I am not convinced for the reason you suggest. I too would rather have seen him light the light as vengence, but no one can really predict nor summize in retrospect the split second decisions made in a hockey game. We're lookiing at a very young kid here, who certainly wanted to make the cut, had a Dad who played the game.... well, the way he did and there's a whole lotta lotta that goes into all that. Point being: I just don't think this one incident is necessarily indicitive of anything to come anymore than it is a reflection of what his career has been.

I agree, I'm not letting this one incident define his career. I'm just stating the opposite opinion to the popular one that was cheering the act. I'm not saying he's an immature player for his age, but again highlighting the counterpoint that others are missing.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I agree, I'm not letting this one incident define his career. I'm just stating the opposite opinion to the popular one that was cheering the act. I'm not saying he's an immature player for his age, but again highlighting the counterpoint that others are missing.

I understand and didn't mean to come off as contradictary, just adding my thoughts.

Just realized I typed light the light instead of light the lamp :laugh:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I posted my reservations on Domi prior to our selection. between he and Samuelsson this franchise is going to need a very good penalty kill. Great skill but a dirty player.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I posted my reservations on Domi prior to our selection. between he and Samuelsson this franchise is going to need a very good penalty kill. Great skill but a dirty player.

What's your definition of a dirty player?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Both Chris Brown and Henrik Samuelsson can cross that line into "dirty" as well. This may end up part of the franchise identity. Personally I'm fine with that. We've already got the haters all out of sorts and having fits. Why not keep that going? It's fun.

As for production, I wouldn't worry about that. I fully expect that despite missing games due to NHL camp, suspension, the top prospects game, WJC camp (including the Super Series), and the WJCs that he will still put up triple digit points. He's a stud. He will probably grab a good medal and a memorial cup while he's at it too. That's why it was best to send him back. He will be 100% ready for the NHL next season.

I've been thinking this, too. Our team is going to have a real edge I'm a couple years, and I look forward to it. HF is going to explode when domi punches RNH in the mouth and samuelsson crushes hall. I can see it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->