Downloadable rosters?

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
I may be off here, but when I go to the roster screen, I’m only able to download the EA official online roster. Is it possible to download other users custom rosters? Or am I stuck with the roster update from April and have to update everything manually?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
lmao. there's 0 roster sharing in these games. so yeah you're stuck with EA official rosters and having to manually update everything yourself

Sep 19, 2008
I'd buy NHL if they let you download user rosters. This game ONLY lets you download EA rosters. And you know what? EA won't update them for like 2 months. So all the NCAA players that are coming into the league, or KHL, they don't exist. That's stupid. That means you have to start a franchise when you start playing it, and then start ANOTHER one after they release the proper rosters.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'd buy NHL if they let you download user rosters. This game ONLY lets you download EA rosters. And you know what? EA won't update them for like 2 months. So all the NCAA players that are coming into the league, or KHL, they don't exist. That's stupid. That means you have to start a franchise when you start playing it, and then start ANOTHER one after they release the proper rosters.

This isn't an EA thing, but an NHL rights thing.

EA isn't allowed to put certain players / prospects into the game, until they've officially ended up on an NHL roster.

It's also why veteran players don't start up Franchise mode until after the October update.

Sep 19, 2008

EA isn't allowed to put certain players / prospects into the game, until they've officially ended up on an NHL roster.

It's also why veteran players don't start up Franchise mode until after the October update.
It's f***ing stupid is what it is.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

That explains why they don't add those players but the users are able to share rosters in NBA 2k and the show, the NHL series also used to allow roster sharing so I'm not sure the limitation on roster sharing is because of the agreement with the nhl.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018

After the November update* The October one always removes a bunch of players from the CHL transitioning to the AHL due to some stupid rights issue and most aren't added back until November it's so annoying.

Reactions: Tak7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad