Download the 2020-2021 Senators Media Guide (PDF)

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Well, I think I understand why Ottawa's amateur scouting is so good and their professional scouting is so below-average: they have 6 amateur scouts plus Trent Mann as Chief Amateur Scout while they have 2 professional scouts plus Jim Clark as Chief Professional Scout. Just an interesting observation on first look through...

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Probably the biggest benefit to getting a wealthy owner would be an increase in the professional staff. Counting off the top of my head we should absolutely have at least a scout in each CHL league, at least two to share the college leagues/us minor pro leagues/BCHL/US national development league, then at least two in the euro leagues and two in the KHL.

How they are able to make due in amateur scouting with so many leagues and with so few people is kind of mind boggling and probably explains some of the head scratching euro/American pics in later rounds as scouts basically pick their pet players in whatever league and have them approved by Trent before the team reaches for them.

Having a professional scout for each division in the NHL as well seems like it should be a bare minimum.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
LOL. Brannstrom, Balcers, Batherson and Norris all isted as players while guys like Shaw and Haley are listed as "in the system". Apparently DJ didn't get the memo.

Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Well, I think I understand why Ottawa's amateur scouting is so good and their professional scouting is so below-average: they have 6 amateur scouts plus Trent Mann as Chief Amateur Scout while they have 2 professional scouts plus Jim Clark as Chief Professional Scout. Just an interesting observation on first look through...

Weird, I see it as

5 Pro scouts
6 Am scouts
2 European (pro/am) Scouts

upload_2021-1-13_18-0-43.png

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Dadonov is apparently 6-5, 223 lbs.

LMAO Wut???

I just double checked and wtf is all I can say, I had no idea whatsoever. He was 6'0 185lbs if anyone would have asked me...

Edit: OK, checked another source... And this guide needs some revisin' hahaha.

Edit 2: They switched his weight and Austin Waton's. Random.. :teach:

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
LMAO Wut???

I just double checked and wtf is all I can say, I had no idea whatsoever. He was 6'0 185lbs if anyone would have asked me...

Edit: OK, checked another source... And this guide needs some revisin' hahaha.

Edit 2: They switched his weight and Austin Waton's. Random.. :teach:

maybe the Copy editor is one of the trainers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad