Downie's hit on Josi

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Unfortunate that he got a concussion but Landy got one on a clean hit too... had his head down...

Hope he recovers quickly

There are some serious ill wishes coming from Preds fans. Hope the Preds themselves dont "Target their star players"

I don't think we will see anything like an organized effort to target players. Hopefully none of our guys go vigilante. Their beef should remained focused on Downie, and any action should be proportional rather than simply retaliatory and aiming to injure. At least that is my opinion. I don't want to see more people get hurt behind all of this nonsense.

We are doing our best to keep comments in line with the rules. As Frenchy mentioned, if you think something crosses the line please report it.

Thanks!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We're all guilty of the revenge talk, the fans and the players when they're asked about it immediately after the game.

A lot of us said the Landeskog hit was dirty because it was our guy who got the concussion. We wanted revenge on Stuart but nothing happened. We thought the Olver/Tarasenko collision was an unfortunate accident (it was) but Blues fans felt otherwise because Tarasenko got concussed. The fans wanted revenge and I think there might have been some talk from Blues players as well but nothing happened.

With Downie involved you never know because of his history and how people feel about him but I think it'll be more of the same. There will be a lot of talk from players and fans but I doubt we'll see anything happen on the ice.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I actually had a bigger problem with the Olver hit than I do with the Downie hit. I still think Olver came in late, I don't believe so with Downie. It just so happened that Josi was falling backward when Downie caught him, and it resulted in a far meaner shot than what was intended. Sucks to see a talent like that out with a concussion, but I don't think the hit was dirty, though I can totally understand why fans would be upset. I would be too if it were an Avalanche player who received such a hit.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
We're all guilty of the revenge talk, the fans and the players when they're asked about it immediately after the game.

A lot of us said the Landeskog hit was dirty because it was our guy who got the concussion. We wanted revenge on Stuart but nothing happened. We thought the Olver/Tarasenko collision was an unfortunate accident (it was) but Blues fans felt otherwise because Tarasenko got concussed. The fans wanted revenge and I think there might have been some talk from Blues players as well but nothing happened.

With Downie involved you never know because of his history and how people feel about him but I think it'll be more of the same. There will be a lot of talk from players and fans but I doubt we'll see anything happen on the ice.

If anyone goes after anyone other than the player who made the hit it's just pure gutless nonsense. Nobodyis going to go after Downie because he will probably kill them unless it's an out and out goon in which case Downie probably won't even fight. Then we start looking for another Moore situation where they look for revenge in a dirty blindside hit.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The thing with any player or coach saying that they remember and we're going to play these guys again is that the league are all over them reminding them of the consequences of something happening.

These revenge matches always are anti-climactic and no, Nashvilles touch guys aren't going to run anyone. Downie might drop his gloves with someone or he might not and that's it.

Fan revenge fantasies are just that. Fantasies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm just getting home from work and seeing some of the stuff that TMI had added into this thread.

Let me make something perfectly clear.

There will be not be anymore generalizing fanbases (I've seen it in here and in the PGT) in a demeaning/insulting/trolling way

Consider this your guys' only warning on that.

I would also recommend that you guys make sure to be respectful if on the Nashville forum and if participating in discussions/debates on the Main Forum make use of the "Report Post" feature rather than reply to any post that is thought to be against site rules.

This whole situation has gotten out of hand very quickly and us Avs mods are working with Preds mods to try and keep this situation as calm as possible.

We Avs fans need to realize that they are going to be upset at the outcome of that hit and remember that many of us (myself included) were in the same situation last year when Stuart hit Landeskog, and just let them vent. IF they break posting rules, the Nashville Mods will handle it, we don't need to be adding any more stress to them over there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad