Downie Traded To Petes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
(Windsor) The Windsor Spitfires today announced that the Spitfires have acquired defenseman Peter Aston from the Peterborough Petes as well as the Petes 2nd and 5th Round Selections in the OHL Priority Selection in 2006 and a 2nd round selection in 2007. In exchange, the Spitfires sent centre Steve Downie to Peterborough.

Last month, Aston was named the OHL Defenseman of the Month.
http://windsorspitfires.com/

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Didn't see that one coming... so let's consider the forwards for the Petes these days:

Downie, Daniel Ryder, Liam Reddox, Jordan Morrison, Patrick Kaleta, Jordan Staal, Jamie Tardif, even Frederik Naslund and Greg Stewart... that's gotta be one of the deepest groups of 9 Forwards I've seen in the OHL in a long time.

The Knights had their group of big names up front, but they didn't have them 9-deep... any chance the Petes get one more good defenseman and take a run at a season like London had last year???? 13-2 is already a decent start... ?

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Blind Gardien said:
Didn't see that one coming... so let's consider the forwards for the Petes these days:

Downie, Daniel Ryder, Liam Reddox, Jordan Morrison, Patrick Kaleta, Jordan Staal, Jamie Tardif, even Frederik Naslund and Greg Stewart... that's gotta be one of the deepest groups of 9 Forwards I've seen in the OHL in a long time.

The Knights had their group of big names up front, but they didn't have them 9-deep... any chance the Petes get one more good defenseman and take a run at a season like London had last year???? 13-2 is already a decent start... ?

Peterborough is clearly the team to beat right now. I don't think any team in the near future is going to measure up to the knights last year and it's not fair to compare.

Let's just watch and enjoy what will undoubtedly be a very strong team. I'm looking forward to them playing the knights *this* year. Should be fun :clap:

Transported Upstater

thomasincanada said:
Peterborough is clearly the team to beat right now. I don't think any team in the near future is going to measure up to the knights last year and it's not fair to compare.

Let's just watch and enjoy what will undoubtedly be a very strong team. I'm looking forward to them playing the knights *this* year. Should be fun :clap:

Agree 100%.

I think it's going to be a long, long time before we see a team do what London did last year.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Blind Gardien said:

Yeah I actually didn't expect to see Windsor trade Downie. But I'm glad they did, because despite his mental shortcomings, I actually really like the kid as a player. Uber talented.

Peterborough is sickly deep now.

Transported Upstater

Brock said:
Yeah I actually didn't expect to see Windsor trade Downie. But I'm glad they did, because despite his mental shortcomings, I actually really like the kid as a player. Uber talented.

Peterborough is sickly deep now.

Yeah, they are definitely going for it all this year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
what about the rumor of Berti going to the Petes? Now that the got Downie I assume they won't be getting Berti? I would hate to see Greg Stewart get his ice time cut.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Downie had a good fight with Ottawa 67's defenceman Elgin Reid last night in his first game as a Pete. I'll try to find the link and post it.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
montreal said:
what about the rumor of Berti going to the Petes? Now that the got Downie I assume they won't be getting Berti? I would hate to see Greg Stewart get his ice time cut.

The latest rumour has Berti heading off to Saginaw, plus with the depth the Petes have at forward I don't see this happening. They need help on D right now, it is their only weakness IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->