Downie Suspended Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I didn't see the game, but this is a report from a Belleville fan.

http://www.rinkratmag.com/noof.html

And to be very clear he deserves every game of it. The hit on Drew Gibbons was sad and uncalled for with 1.5 seconds left in the third. Gibbons and him had been chirping at each other the whole night and each handed off the odd hit against each other but Gibbons gave a good clean hit to Downie in the second and Downie didn't like it. When the clock was running out and Downie realized he didn't have enough time for a good clean hit that chicken %$#$# boarded Gibbons from behind and could have seriously hurt him.

There's video, but it doesn't show the initial hit by Downie... www.petesvideos.com/Vids/downie.wmv

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Is it just me, or is this guy another Theo Fleury waiting to happen?

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Theo Fleury is a great comparisson.

This guy is a lockerroom cancer, a bully, and just about everything you don't want on your hockey team off the ice.

JohnnyW10

Jan 10, 2006
Vancouver
wow, this guy has all the talent in the world to be a full blown nhl'er except he keeps embarrasing himself over and over again with these shannagans. He has a heart of a lion but a brain of a peacock, learn to control yourself for god sakes downie, hes gonna be a problem in a NHL locker room,

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Metallian said:

This guy is a lockerroom cancer, a bully, and just about everything you don't want on your hockey team off the ice.

He was definitely a lockerroom cancer for team Canada this year in their gold medal run, in which he was the teams best forward. He's also been a lockerroom cancer for the 2nd ranked CHL Peterborough Petes. Clearly his teammates don't seem to have a problem playing with him.

Downie is a player who plays on the edge every shift. With any player like that, you are going to get instances like this occuring.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Brock said:
Clearly his teammates don't seem to have a problem playing with him.

Except he got suspended and traded off his team for assaulting a fellow team member during practice. :biglaugh:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Pizza said:
When you go to the Petes' website, the last thing you would think is that Downie has a problem.

http://www.gopetesgo.com/home.php

Glad he won't be in my teams locker room.

Just because he was on the gold medal team, doesn't mean he's any less of a creep.

You seem to get 'Mark Messier dirty' confused with 'Donald Brashear, why is he in the league? dirty'

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Metallian said:
Except he got suspended and traded off his team for assaulting a fellow team member during practice. :biglaugh:

yet, all the members of the Spits (other then the stuck up arrogant ***** he hit) loved him and stuck up for him.

I love how everyone kicks the guy when he is down. No one on here should comment unless they are on the Peterbrough Petes or know Downie personally...And I hate the Petes.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Brock said:
He was definitely a lockerroom cancer for team Canada this year in their gold medal run, in which he was the teams best forward. He's also been a lockerroom cancer for the 2nd ranked CHL Peterborough Petes. Clearly his teammates don't seem to have a problem playing with him.

Downie is a player who plays on the edge every shift. With any player like that, you are going to get instances like this occuring.

You know, Fleury played for team Canada 2002.

Olympics are a very short tournament, as are world juniors. Its a world of different from those teams to regular pro teams.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
JohnnyW10 said:
wow, this guy has all the talent in the world to be a full blown nhl'er except he keeps embarrasing himself over and over again with these shannagans. He has a heart of a lion but a brain of a peacock, learn to control yourself for god sakes downie
Exactly... if he can learn to control his temper and emotions, he can be outstanding.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
RUSqueelin said:
yet, all the members of the Spits (other then the stuck up arrogant ***** he hit) loved him and stuck up for him.

I love how everyone kicks the guy when he is down. No one on here should comment unless they are on the Peterbrough Petes or know Downie personally...And I hate the Petes.

How dare you stick up for Downie and put down Aliu. What he did to that kid was disgusting and should have been suspended for the season.

Akim was only defending himself. I know a few OHL players personally and they have told me exactly what happened and it's no different than what the media puts out. And yes, I'm taking into consideration that Akim is a total *****.

And if all the teammembers stuck up for him, why did Downie request a trade out of there?

Last edited:

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Metallian said:
How dare you stick up for Downie and put down Aliu. What he did to that kid was disgusting and should have been suspended for the season.

Akim was only defending himself. I know a few OHL players personally and they have told me exactly what happened and it's no different than what the media puts out.

And if all the teammembers stuck up for him, why did Downie request a trade out of there?

Buddy, no offense, we'll drop the subject right now cause I refuse to relive the topic and hijack the thread, but read up and get a clue.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
RUSqueelin said:
Buddy, no offense, we'll drop the subject right now cause I refuse to relive the topic and hijack the thread, but read up and get a clue.

you obviously have no idea what's going on

1) downie forced several rookies to strip naked and crowd into a bathroom stall on the team bus

2) downie engaged in other, normally illegal, incidents related to hazing

3) downie assaulted aliu and knocked his teeth out with his stick

theres nothing else to discuss. downie shouldnt even be playing in the league.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Metallian said:

1) downie forced several rookies to strip naked and crowd into a bathroom stall on the team bus

theres nothing else to discuss. downie shouldnt even be playing in the league.

Like I thought. Don't worry about it. If you believe those are the facts then fine. But please don't promote those to others.

jb**

I am sure Mr Clarke and will have a talk with him at some point. I didn't see the hit but he does have a history of borderline plays. Can't wait for him to be in a Flyers uniform in 2-3 years. another hard nosed player with skill, just what the doctor ordered for the Flyers as he should fit right in.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
RUSqueelin said:
Like I thought. Don't worry about it. If you believe those are the facts then fine. But please don't promote those to others.

stop promoting a false reality. what happened, happened. downie is no great canadian hero.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Metallian said:
stop promoting a false reality. what happened, happened. downie is no great canadian hero.

Stop whinning cause he beat Malkin all around the ice. Please, and I say this with all sincerity, obtain some more info on the topic. As I said in a previous post, the hijacking is over, I'm outa here.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
RUSqueelin said:
Stop whinning cause he beat Malkin all around the ice. Please, and I say this with all sincerity, obtain some more info on the topic. As I said in a previous post, the hijacking is over, I'm outa here.

what are you, a steve downie conspiracy theorist??

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Metallian said:

I'll take a bigger version of Theo Fleury on my team any day. Besides, there are at least 5 guys on the Flyers roster that would tune him up in practice if he gets too annoying. (and they're not 17 years old either...)

Can't wait to see him in orange and black even if he is a total jerk

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Metallian said:

You honestly think Downie all by himself managed to force a bunch of rookies to strip naked and get into the bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad