Down Bad: Evander Kane Begging Jake Paul to fight him

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He understands distance and has some distance control. He has feints in his arsenal and some angles. He has a jab, a check hook, an overhand right, which he can throw moving forward or backwards. Not to mention that he knows a couple of traps to set up that overhand.

Is going to be a top boxer? Never in 50 years because he started way too late. But for 3 years of training, his understanding of boxing is far beyond the average person with 3 years of training. It's easy to see that he has some world class boxers in his camp.

There a lot of people calling him out (celebs, athletes and MMA fighters without boxing skills) who don't understand that he would spark them in a boxing match. Or perhaps they're just posturing.

Jake Paul is about the same level as Tommy Fury (who's another tomato can crusher). There are some things he does better than Fury and some things Fury does better.

This is simply something that I'm going to disagree with. He's behind where most serious boxers would be training for three years.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
So the tweet is deleted now. You think someone in his camp told him to, or he deleted it because he was getting roasted in the comments?

Reactions: branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So the tweet is deleted now. You think someone in his camp told him to, or he deleted it because he was getting roasted in the comments?
Probably the latter. Kane is a minimum wager to Jake Paul, sad to say since they are both insufferable

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Evander Kane is a nobody to the Paul brothers. Can't believe I had to type that out. Evander better watch out because Jake Paul is ruthless and would absolutely just destroy him on social media.
The pauls? HEY PEOPLE... there are real problems in the world. START READING

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
300k followers vs 15m, Kane is small fish, those guys are the type to get more enjoyment out of denying Kane a cash grab than actually knocking him out.

Reactions: Another AZ

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The pauls? HEY PEOPLE... there are real problems in the world. START READING
I see what you’re saying and I agree for the most part, but also as a matter of fact unfortunately the Paul brothers became a factor in the boxing and MMA world through social media. It’s way too easy to say “oh haha the Paul brothers? Haha who the hell are they? Hey I got some Doobie Brothers cassette tapes, you wanna get together and listen sometime?”. Maybe you’re the one who should start reading. And ya for the record I totally agree there’s other shit to worry about, but I don’t make the headlines. With your boomer response you might as
well throw in a “Hey kids, stop thinking about PacMan, the Soviets are right over the horizon!”

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
rBZUawj.png

Reactions: FMichael

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Kane would get his clock cleaned, just like he's gotten his bank account cleaned.

Paul is actually a legit boxer.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Kane would get his clock cleaned, just like he's gotten his bank account cleaned.

Paul is actually a legit boxer.
What makes Paul a ”acutally a legit boxer”?
The fact he has trained it less than Kane?
The fact he managed to knock out couple people with zero prior experience on throwing punches, or taking them?
The fact he knocked out the worse stand up fighter in UFC history, in a match where the wrestler couldn’t wrestler.

I’ll save calling Paul ”legit boxer” when he actually fights someone who has actually boxed before, wouldn’t even call him a boxer as of now lmao

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
This might be a bit of a hot take here, but I feel like Paul vs Kane would go similarly to Paul vs Robinson. That is to say, Kane probably gets KO'd. I find Jake Paul as irritating as the next guy, but he does have decent boxing fundamentals (not pro level, but decent) and a fair amount of training under his belt. If Evander has never seriously trained in boxing and thinks he can go in there and dust this guy on his hockey fighting ability alone it will go badly.
Kane has a far better chance. Years of fighting experience (albeit in skates) and far larger. Robinson was a size mis-match with little punching power; Kane isn't.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kane really getting desperate here.

Would love to see them simultaneously knock eachother out. Two extremely unlikeable dudes.

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Pro hockey players can't even play soccer or anything in the offseason... there is no way boxing would be allowed.

I remember years ago during a city soccer game I was playing in, a current NHLer at the time(he's retired now) was playing on the other team. That got kiboshed so friggin quick. The only game he ever played. And that was before social media and all that so somehow his NHL team found out just word of mouth i guess.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
No matter how poor Ben Askren is at striking/stand-up, there's no way he's inferior to Kane. Even though Evander likes to fancy himself some kind of boxer, he's still a hockey player by trade. And hockey players are pretty laughable fighters off skates. Now, I think the results of the Paul vs. Askren fight were very fishy but I don't think they would need to pull any fast stuff if Paul fought Kane, since Paul is still a half-decent boxer and Kane is a hockey player.

I'd actually put money on Paul, myself. The guy who I would have liked to have seen in the ring with Paul would have been Rick Rypien (RIP). As someone who grew up boxing, he's one of the few NHLers I've watched who seemed to know how to really throw down.

Are you being serious? Ben Askren is a horrible boxer, beyond amateur level bad. Evander Kane absolutely could be better and probably is since it doesn't take much.

But the discussion is pretty moot honestly. Jake Paul will never fight someone like Evander Kane because there's a chance that Kane might win while not being known as one of the greatest in fighting. Jake Paul has two targets: celebrities who have zero clue about boxing and/or the biggest fighting super stars in the world. He's into boxing because he wants to make money, not because he wants to be respected. Evander Kane doesn't tick the right boxes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
"Years of training" Jake Paul has not trained anything compared to real boxers - maybe a couple hours a day in fight camps for a couple months leading up to each of his fights. Professional boxers train every day of the year, multiple sparring session a day. Their life, not even their job, their life is boxing. For Jake it's just a side gig. He's not a fighter. That said, he would probably beat up Kane today. Different story if Evander can put a year aside and train like a full time boxer. We all know that's not happening though.

Also, even if Jake has the fundamentals it doesn't mean too much - so do plenty of 10 year olds. It's about whether he can bring those skills in a truly adverse environment. Neither Ben Askren nor Nate Robinson is that. To be fair to Jake though, almost all professional boxers' first few fights are against trashcans, so who knows, maybe if he puts in the work and all goes right he could one day be up there with the best

Folks that actually care about this celeb won’t know the answer to the question until he gets hit with a legit shot if that ever happens. Everyone can look good dishing it out vs tomato cans. Not sure what his goal is other than cash and clicks since social media isn’t my interest.

However, real Boxing is one of the most humbling sports that was ever created and the one thing you rarely hear is “he got out at the perfect time” :laugh:

Reactions: Another AZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad