Douglas Murray: What a hit!

EurOConnEcton

Feb 17, 2008
Montreal
I had no clue about this signing until tonight.

All I can say is I love it. Yea he is slow and a liability.

Oh also, I've nver been a fan of the we need to get bigger club.

But now that I've seen what bigger means in terms of Murray, I'm on board. I love his style out there, throwing checks and punishing people for being in our end. **** Hal Friendly gill's poke checks, I want Murray shove a guy on his ass 8 days a week.

I'm officially drinking the we need to get bigger and tougher koolaid.

I feel yah!! I actually don't mind his penalty's, hes making players think twice about entering the zone.

I actually cannot wait for Emelin,Murray,Subban throwing thosee bigg hits and having Parros regulating any goons trying to go after them.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
His nickname is Crankshaft.

800px-Roman_crank_handle%2C_Augusta_Raurica%2C_Switzerland._Pic_01.jpg

Well Damn! :amazed:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I like Murray's poise with the puck so far. He's not afraid to get hit to make a play, in fact he welcomes it, but most players avoid hitting him as you can see the end result..dude is a brick wall, so he gets a little more time with the puck as a rule. Nothing fancy with his pass out of the zone, but he's been finding the open man, he sees the ice pretty well.

Blueline has looked pretty solid with Murray in the lineup. Nice to have a veteran group. This unit had taken a lot of grief, but when Emelin returns..that's a fairly solid top 7. Gorges is playing well again, Markov has bounced back from his surgeries, Murray is a block.... let Bouillon and Diaz battle for the 6th spot..keep the group hungry while Tinordi/Beaulieu/Pateryn develop.

SherbrookeW

Nov 20, 2007
Absolutely no evidence that big slow guys like Murray actually help teams win playoff series, which is after all the point. So far he gives fan boys with a ten year old mind-set a thrill by throwing his body around, then takes penalties, skates very slowly after the puck. This is not what wins and loses hockey games.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Absolutely no evidence that big slow guys like Murray actually help teams win playoff series, which is after all the point. So far he gives fan boys with a ten year old mind-set a thrill by throwing his body around, then takes penalties, skates very slowly after the puck. This is not what wins and loses hockey games.

First physicality is a big part of why the Sens beat the Habs last year.

Secondly, when you're big and you hit, you're much harder to play against.

Thirdly, there's no evidence that Murray's mythic slowness was a problem tonight. It's just that you prefer ballet and as such you're trying to find things to complain about when a real man like Murray is all about appears.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal

Sounds like most big, tough defensemen. Oh oh oh wait, you must be one of those people who believes that making the other team cautious to enter your zone or clearing the crease is a bad thing.

You're right, we should have soft defensemen stacked on top of more soft defensemen who become pretty much useless when they have an off offensive game.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

he made some big shot blocks which do help teams win playoff games, shot blocking is huge in the playoffs did you see him block that one with the back of his head?

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Murray is a player built for the playoffs. He's a soldier. If he ever drops his gloves, he's like Parros, automatic win. Its so refreshing after years of getting beat up Kostopolous era. Parros accident was unfortunate but he'll be back in a month.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile

here come the Hipsters....:shakehead geez can we enjoy some toughness.

Talking about that, imagine a shift with

Parros - White - Prust

Emelin - Murray

:amazed:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

What the hell?

Two games, one goal given up by the Habs. Even Diaz seems more inspired and is now using his body instead of his stick on defense.

Fan boys?:laugh::laugh: I could care less if we had a DMan named Murray or Smith or Jones or Lemieux as long as he hits and is physical around the crease.

Call me a team boy.;)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
First physicality is a big part of why the Sens beat the Habs last year.

Secondly, when you're big and you hit, you're much harder to play against.

Thirdly, there's no evidence that Murray's mythic slowness was a problem tonight. It's just that you prefer ballet and as such you're trying to find things to complain about when a real man like Murray is all about appears.

I thought he had a good night for Douglas Murray. Didn't make any real mistakes, sacrificed the body and played physical. The problem is that he had a Fenwick % of zero. That means Montreal didn't even get a shot off when he was on the ice. I'm all for physicality on the backend and making opponents pay for entering our zone, but I'm more in favour of shooting pucks and scoring goals, seeing as that is what wins games.

Murray is fine as a 6-8 D-man and has utility on an undersized team, but we wont win anything with him. He's a stopgap, like Cube.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I thought he had a good night for Douglas Murray. Didn't make any real mistakes, sacrificed the body and played physical. The problem is that he had a Fenwick % of zero. That means Montreal didn't even get a shot off when he was on the ice. I'm all for physicality on the backend and making opponents pay for entering our zone, but I'm more in favour of shooting pucks and scoring goals, seeing as that is what wins games.

Murray is fine as a 6-8 D-man and has utility on an undersized team, but we wont win anything with him. He's a stopgap, like Cube.

Take the Fenwick of 0% for Murray and flush that **** down the toilet. That is what it is worth.

Or maybe we should bring back Yannick Weber and Bergeron. Kaberle also. He was an offensive wizard.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad