Value of: Dougie Hamilton

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
So what's the deal, are the Canes signing this guy? I would say probably not - too much cap loaded already at D
If no, do they role with him for a run or trade him for futures (probably the former)
I hope Ottawa gets him, what's the contract looking like.
Probably less than Pietro would be my guess.
Discuss

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
CAR will surely keep him for a playoff run, unless some deal they can't refuse comes along, which I doubt. They may try to resign him in the off season if they can meet in the middle on price and term. They like him and he's happy in CAR.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ledge And Dairy

How's the museum scene in Raleigh? :sarcasm:
Kev7VYm.png

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think he re-signs - Hamilton has already dealt with two franchises that weren't a fit for him before landing somewhere that works. As long as Carolina offers him a fair contract, there's no reason he'd look elsewhere.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Highly doubt they move him. All the Canes players seem to love playing there. His playing style also fits well into their system. I've read reports that Canes have been offering something close to the Krug contract and Dougie is looking for something closer to the Pietrangelo contract. I'd say anything under 7.5 is a great deal, but wouldn't be surprised if it pushed closer to 8.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I may be in the minority, and I'm frequently wrong, but I have my doubts that the Canes re-sign him. I just can't see them paying $7.5M-$8.5M for 7 years for him at 28 years old. If it's a shorter term and/or lower amount, then sure, but why would Dougie accept less? I hope they do keep him as I think he's been very good in Carolina, but the economics have me skeptical.

Reactions: Tryamw

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I may be in the minority, and I'm frequently wrong, but I have my doubts that the Canes re-sign him. I just can't see them paying $7.5M-$8.5M for 7 years for him at 28 years old. If it's a shorter term and/or lower amount, then sure, but why would Dougie accept less? I hope they do keep him as I think he's been very good in Carolina, but the economics have me skeptical.

This.

IF he re-signs, I think the max deal the Canes would offer would be something like $7.25-7.5M for 5-6yrs. Other teams will probably offer him more. We’ll see what happens.

Reactions: Tryamw

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This.

IF he re-signs, I think the max deal the Canes would offer would be something like $7.25-7.5M for 5-6yrs. Other teams will probably offer him more. We’ll see what happens.
Probably he either gets term or a bigger cap number. like 5 on an $8 mill or something cap number, but 7 on one that is around the lower $7 mill. The max term another team can give him is 7 years, so based on that, if I am Carolina, I don't offer more than 7 years. He's not an elite talent where they should give up the extra year.

But, the closer to the UFA deadline this goes, the more likely he sees what is out there. But, with a flat cap, he may be disappointed in what other teams will offer, or that the quality of teams that will give him his number are not going to be competitive cup wise for another couple of seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad