doughty's contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
so DD signs for 8 / 88.

based on that as a market setter where do you see an EK deal?

I said long ago that if he won't sign at 8 / 84 which is 10.5 AAV that he isn't interested in staying. I'm sticking with that.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
so DD signs for 8 / 88.

I said long ago that if he won't sign at 8 / 84 which is 10.5 AAV that he isn't interested in staying. I'm sticking with that.

Please explain why EK should take one penny less than Doughty.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
EK market is now the same AAV as Doughty.
Painfully obvious to anyone without an agenda...

I'd add in that it needs to have the same level of NTC/NMC and bonus structure. Ek's agents have the Doughty contract in their hands, so anything less than a matching deal is a low ball offer.

Last edited:

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
so DD signs for 8 / 88.

How do you justify a lower AAV than Doughty as a fair offer?

You can't. They have to offer him 11 to start or it's basically bad faith.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Offer somewhere between 11-12M and if he doesn't take it... it sucks but you can't control him.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
How do you justify a lower AAV than Doughty as a fair offer?

You can't. They have to offer him 11 to start or it's basically bad faith.

You've got to figure a number has been put out there already, they've had all week to do it, surely they've put something forth already, not a contract, but at least a number. If I had to guess that number would be 10, but this obviously means that they'll have to increase it.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think this ties Ottawa’s hands a little. The Sens have to basically match the Doughty contract. If EK won’t accept Doughty money from Ottawa, it would be a lot easier to sell a trade to the fan base.
But Ottawa has to make that same offer.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think this ties Ottawa’s hands a little. The Sens have to basically match the Doughty contract. If EK won’t accept Doughty money from Ottawa, it would be a lot easier to sell a trade to the fan base.
But Ottawa has to make that same offer.
If Ottawa matches that exact offer (not just AAV) and EK rejects, then I'm ok with the Sens calling it a fair offer. I'm also ok with EK turning it down and demanding more, but won't blame the Sens if they set that as their limit.

Anything less, AAV and/or structure, is not fair and simply unacceptable.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Honestly though Doughty would get closer to 12. If anything this is good news. No way Karlsson would even consider less than 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->