Doughty Hit on Carrier (UPD: Suspended One Game)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
So now you're putting words into my post that aren't there. You've shown to be full of nothing but baseless claims, fallacies, and biases. Keep it up. Someone who makes the original claim citing no evidence is in no position to be asking anyone else for evidence when responding to your claim. That's simply not how this works. You're just showing how amateur you are at this. There really is no argument because you refuse to supply evidence to your original claim.

I'll take this as you bow out. It's okay lad. Maybe one day.

You must be a professional dancer considering how well you dance around my questions and points. It's truly beautiful. 10/10 it's ok

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Glad doughy got a game he gets away with a lot of. Larder line things and not being able to play is prob the thing that will piss him off the most lol!!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'll take this as you bow out. It's okay lad. Maybe one day.

You must be a professional dancer considering how well you dance around my questions and points. It's truly beautiful. 10/10 it's ok

Your questions are merely distractions from the fact that you can't back up your claim that you made. Plain and simple. You lose this round until you at the very least provide evidence. Sorry kid. Thems the breaks.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Your questions are merely distractions from the fact that you can't back up your claim that you made. Plain and simple. You lose this round until you at the very least provide evidence. Sorry kid. Thems the breaks.

My dear lad, you can't even prove your own premise. How do you even win.. You just make yourself look like a hypocrite. But let's end this on a good note. Your team is winning go have some fun, instead of continually coming back here and losing this.

Slimjim94

May 3, 2010
According to Player Safety-

PPOC: Shoulder
MPOC: Head

In summary, if this bum had his head up and actually tried to brace himself for a hit, we avoid all of this.

Despite what many of the posters on here say, in today's NHL a player does not skate across the ice saying "I'm going for his head." Or this would be called intent to injure and he probably would have tried going for the head entirely (and received a Raffi-esque suspension).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
My dear lad, you can't even prove your own premise. How do you even win.. You just make yourself look like a hypocrite. But let's end this on a good note. Your team is winning go have some fun, instead of continually coming back here and losing this.

I win by default because you're the one with the original claim that you can't support. Trying to flip the burden of proof isn't making me look like a hypocrite to anyone that knows how logic works. lol

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not a fan of Doughty at all and could care less if he got suspended or not, but this really seemed fine to me. He clearly was going for shoulder contact, and maybe bounced into his head, as happens on many hits. Two 200+ pound people colliding into each other at high speed is going to cause a collision with many moving parts.

LA_Viking

Jun 8, 2007
NorCal
Legal hit = 1 game suspension in the PO’s. Cool!

I guess Bettman was right in thinking that it would be great for Vegas to win.

LA_Viking

Jun 8, 2007
NorCal
I prefer leagues that make hits to the head illegal, and punish them.

Got it. Which leagues do that? You should watch those.

Doughty went for his shoulder and ended up hitting his chin, slightly, after hitting his shoulder. It was a legal hit. But Bettman wants to see the Knights succeed, so...

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Pretty crazy how Doughty came up behind Carrier with a chainsaw and literally sawed off his head. Then he dismembered the guys body and put it into chili and fed it to his parents.

So glad the league stepped in and stopped Mr. Doughty before he attacks another innocent civilian.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That was a way worse version of the cogliano hit, did Jim fox cry like a little ***** about this hit too?

I know that you just feel like getting cheap jabs in wherever you can, but there is an enormous difference between the two hits. Doughty hit Carrier while he was carrying the puck. Cogliano hit a defenseless and unsuspecting Kempe.

Reactions: KingsKnight

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I don't think there was intent from Doughty to hit Carrier in the head with his shoulder, but he did. Have no problem with the one game suspension and I have no dog in this race. I do however have a problem with the bullshit the DOPS lets players consistently get away with without suspension. You never know when they're going to decide to actually do their job.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It's like goaltender interference. It looks worse the slower you watch it.

And then you watch it at full speed and realize these guys are playing a physical game and split-second reactions are very difficult to adjust to.

When you watch the Doughty/Carrier hit, you can see Carrier look up and notice Doughty just moments before contact. Does Carrier attempt to hold up briefly? In doing so, does it slow his momentum down just enough that Doughty misses contact with Carrier’s shoulder and instead makes contact with his head?

The Department of Player Safety should be making decisions based on recklessness and intent, not this game-of-inches stuff. This was a missed check by Doughty, and it caught Carrier in the jaw. No intent to injure, no previous disciplinary record. I can’t help but feel the league is trying to make an example of Doughty for some reason.

Contrast this with the Kadri hit. There’s clear intent to harm an opponent who is in a defenseless position. Reckless, intent, displinary record. That’s something that should be suspension-worthy. I guess we’ll see what the DoPS thinks.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
The NHL obviously has a vested interest in assuring Vegas wins the series, possibly even the cup.

Complete league corruption. The hit was unfortunate but the initial contact was the shoulder. That was the intent, not a head shot.
The NHL is just trying to do everything it can to write its “Vegas Love Story.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->