Doug Maclean on Ruff: The Least of Sabres' Problems

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
It scares me that Maclean was a gm of a team once...He has a mediocre grasp of the game and often trumpets opinions based on a very limited view of a player or team. Vancouver has him on the Team 1040 quite a bit and I find myself embarrassed for him when he spouts off about things he clearly has no clue about.

AlexanderMogilny89

Oct 19, 2011
He did a slight 180 today, didn't he? :laugh:

Pure wild speculation on my part for fun, but it sounds like someone got to Maclean after his "FAN Radio" comments and said "what the heck are you doing?" and then asked him to back off yesterday's comments.

Seems like dictatorship to me. Ralph Wilson all over again? Only hire from within. I wonder if an ex Sabre will be the next coach? In 2 more years after no playoffs with one of the highest pay rolls and no playoffs. I can just wonder who the next coach would be?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
When Maclean was a daily guy on the Fan, I found I disagreed with him about almost everything. That he's sticking up for his old friend isn't a surprise. That I don't agree at all with his assessment from the bit on GR is not also not a surprise.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Seems like dictatorship to me. Ralph Wilson all over again? Only hire from within. I wonder if an ex Sabre will be the next coach? In 2 more years after no playoffs with one of the highest pay rolls and no playoffs. I can just wonder who the next coach would be?

Danny Gare will be introduced as our new head coach after the ceremony were Lindy Ruff gets his old # retired :sarcasm:

For a team without a cup it's hilarious we have 6 numbers retired. The only ones who actually deserves it is Perreault and Hasek. LaFontaine barely played here and didn't win us **** anyway. Gare having a number retired is a joke, 354 career goals and well under a ppg and we retire his #? No wonder the Sabres are a 2nd rate franchise.

Ace1963

Jan 14, 2013
Buffalo
$T2eC16RHJIIE9qTYKDB+BQt75sr6vg~~60_57.JPG

Maybe they'll interview Ruff's wife tomorrow.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Based upon what exactly? It sure isn't on-ice performance of his hockey teams.

Nobody cares. NHL teams don't publish coaches salaries and even if they did nobody would care.

It's always interesting when people who obviously do not watch Sabres games try to comment on the team.

This is why i get so furious. Its *******s like this that give advice to Pegula thus keep him in a job and our team mediocre/poor year after year.

Pisses me off.

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013
Doug Maclean was on with Howard Simon on GR-55 this morning.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/70975703/...houghts-on-lindy-ruff-s-tenure-in-buffalo.htm

Points of interest:

Ruff is the biggest one of the Sabres problems; if he is let go he will be picked up by the garbage truck at the curb in 5 minutes

Ruff is one of the Top 35 coaches in the NHL

Sabres will enjoy the day he coaches for another team from the away bench in FNC

Ruff is one of the best coaches to coach middle school soft ball

Maclean would fix a lot of things with the Sabres before he would fix Ruff like the ice surface and the dust in our trophy case.

"Carrying out the coach" is the best case here; too much player inconsistency; we do not buy the BS of Lindy Ruff

The Sabres are good enough to make the playoffs with a different coach no doubt about that.

Myers will bounce back and be the big horse every championship team needs if lindy does not ruin him in the process (2009-10 Myers pure raw talent he dominates the nhl at 19 then lindy tried to make him into something hes not and ruined his brain).

Ehrhoff has been a bit of a surprise at how decent hes played under ruff; imagine what he would still be doing in vancouvers system and their coach.

Miller has been average on a lot of nights trying to lose for mackinnon and get ruff fired

Sabres need "go-to" guys who will grab the team by their bras and pantys

Not convinced Hecht is that kind of "go-to" guy yet, though he loves him as a player

If the Sabre have a chance to get RoR, the Sabres should take a big time run at him but ruff will ultimately ruin him anyways

FIGURED ID TRANSLATE IT FOR ALL OF YOU

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
This is why i get so furious. Its *******s like this that give advice to Pegula thus keep him in a job and our team mediocre/poor year after year.

Pisses me off.
Pegula needs to stop burying his head in the sand. I don't care who is telling him what. At some point, the eyeball test needs to trump the old boys network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad