Doug Maclean and John Shannon say Rick Nash is a superstar

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Doug MacLean, the guy who drafted Rick Nash, needs positive affirmation? I'd have thought that just drafting Rick Nash, which he did, was all the affirmation that he would need, considering that he drafted Rick Nash. I guess I'm just cynical, since I didn't draft Rick Nash and he did draft Rick Nash, but what do I know since he drafted Rick Nash and I didn't.

Funniest post I've read on here for a long time. :handclap:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I've never thought of him as an super star. He's a good all around player but I do notice that he has one move that he tries all the time where he drives to the net and when he's kept to the outside, he has limited ability.

Rick Nash is certainly not a Malkin, Crosby or Ovechkin.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

Star, not superstar. There are only about five, maybe six of those in the whole NHL.

He's a good player that's all he is. When you think about the very best players in the league he doesn't make that list.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

The only truly great players in the league are Crosby , Ovechkin ,Doughty , Karlsson , Price , With others being a step or couple steps below them.

May 23, 2012
You have Game 7 on your stick, easy breakaway and what happens?

You're not even really close to scoring.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Doug Maclean is the worst. Not because of his opinions but because he's an ******* towards other people.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Nash is a regular season stud and a post season dud year in and year out. 7 points in 12 games is pretty bad when you make 8 million a year, I stick up for him every year but I can't anymore, he just doesn't have that 2nd gear like the superstars have in playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->