News Article: Jake Dotchin files grievance for Fat Shaming.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I don't think any of us know what Dotchin's contract, or any player's, stipulates about being "in shape" and how that is quantified. But it's Jake Dotchin and 200K for chrissakes, so who gives a rat's?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't think any of us know what Dotchin's contract, or any player's, stipulates about being "in shape" and how that is quantified. But it's Jake Dotchin and 200K for chrissakes, so who gives a rat's?
It's in the CBA and we know what the CBA says...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We do but it's just a bunch of boilerplate, the specifics of which, again, we don't know and can't quantify. Anyway, like I said, it's Jake Dotchin so who GAS?

It's just an interesting topic to some people, myself included, because it could have league-wide ramifications moving forward. I think Macho said it best when he said it's a good thing it's Jake Dotchin, because the stakes are low, and the next CBA will include situations like this.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Was such a weird case. I remember we were all hoping he would be our Cernak and he was initially in his time but he just fell off hard. Too bad to see.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah but man Hedman-Dotchin was a force for half a season. Bummer!

Well, Hedman was a force. Dotchin played his role very well and allowed Hedman to be that force. Very few people believed Dotchin was a good defenseman. But, for whatever reason, Hedman tore the league up for about 30 games with Dotchin as a partner, which gave Dotchin a value disproportionate to his actual skillset. Then the next season, he showed up to camp with a body fat percentage disproportionate to his equipment. :p

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Let Dotchin be some kind of symbol or physical embodiment of how truly magnificent Hedman is. He made a guy who is no longer in the league due to physical fitness look like a 1st pairing defenseman for however long that was. A few months? Just process that for a minute. When Hedman is done he is absolutely going into the HHOF, retired number the whole thing. This guy is gonna be our franchise-best defender for a very long time and anyone who comes along and actually is gonna have to be some kind of Pronger/Poor man's Lidstrom. Not trying to say a GOAT but I think you know where I'm going with it

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Yeah but man Hedman-Dotchin was a force for half a season. Bummer!

Hedmonster was the only Swedish Chef Dotchin respected.

giphy.gif

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Maybe don't be overweight? I'm not here to shame people for size but there is a reasonable expectation that an athlete will at least be in *some* kind of effective cardiovascular shape for playing hockey and not look like he just got off the lake with two cases of natty light. I doubt they wanted to take the time and money and drag this out to "win" legally, and honestly I don't think he would have, especially when another team signed him but ended up burying him by Christmas.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Maybe don't be overweight? I'm not here to shame people for size but there is a reasonable expectation that an athlete will at least be in *some* kind of effective cardiovascular shape for playing hockey and not look like he just got off the lake with two cases of natty light. I doubt they wanted to take the time and money and drag this out to "win" legally, and honestly I don't think he would have, especially when another team signed him but ended up burying him by Christmas.
Thanksgiving. Hard to say no to that meal.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Maybe the agent said that with the PC stuff now days could take advantage of some kind of grievance. :dunno:

Reactions: Still All In

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

If there's one type of person where fat-shaming might be okay, you'd think it would be a professional athlete. A good portion of your job is to stay in adequate shape to perform.

Reactions: Still All In

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad