Dreger: Dorion looking to make another trade similar to Namestnikov

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
How do you know? Toronto might have chosen who gets the first after nobody else did it for a second rounder. It’s not just up to the sens who gets what in the NHL
Boston is the last place they would ever give a first too followed by Montreal then Ottawa

Okay sure...Maybe direct that toward the guy who said Ottawa should have made the deal with Toronto.

That being said, Ottawa and Toronto trade often these days and the hurricanes are a bigger threat to the leafs than the senators are.

You're also just speculating.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Okay sure...Maybe direct that toward the guy who said Ottawa should have made the deal with Toronto.

That being said, Ottawa and Toronto trade often these days and the hurricanes are a bigger threat to the leafs than the senators are.

You're also just speculating.

Trades that both sides like. The leafs would start in the west and work backwards own division last(or try to build a working relationship with the canes for a dman later) There is zero reason for them to offer a team in the same division a first round pick. In fact there are many reasons not too. I’m not just speculating that’s how it works. I mean if they had no other choice sure but come on now that’s basic stuff

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Trades that both sides like. The leafs would start in the west and work backwards own division last(or try to build a working relationship with the canes for a dman later) There is zero reason for them to offer a team in the same division a first round pick. In fact there are many reasons not too. I’m not just speculating that’s how it works. I mean if they had no other choice sure but come on now that’s basic stuff

Alright. I disagree with your assessment of how significant Ottawa is to other playoff teams.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Alright. I disagree with your assessment of how significant Ottawa is to other playoff teams.

I’m not talking about playoff teams, I’m talking about a team in your division, one of the teams you play the most. A team that can steal regular season points for years a team in the same province who if they managed to draft a star player it would be a PR nightmare, be as snarky as you want no GM is stupid enough to load up their own division when they can load up someone else

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Classic Dorion asset management. Burns contract spots on guys like Ennis and Sabourin, passes on using his last contract to claim Sprong, Baertschi, Goldobin or Ho-Sang on waivers, and then a couple weeks later looking to give up assets for cheap forward help.
100 p, just another day in the life of Pierre. My god is Tyler Ennis terrible. Small, slow irresponsible defensively, never wins puck battles, sucks the offense out of every line. Great for the tank.

Its funny when other team's have tried to tank its been on purpose so thats why they changed the lottery system. They didnt think anyone could actually be this bad without it being on purpose. Dorion is actually trying to win hahaha. Do they change the system back because GM's can actaully be this inept? I mean thats why there is a draft to help teams and fan bases that are so bad they are rewarded at the end of the day. Could be 3 straight years where the sens pick 4th after finishing 30th 31st 31st.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Frolik + 4th for Bordker + 3rd(maybe minus the picks and retain a lil on Boeds? Itd give us more space to add at the TDL)

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I’m not talking about playoff teams, I’m talking about a team in your division, one of the teams you play the most. A team that can steal regular season points for years a team in the same province who if they managed to draft a star player it would be a PR nightmare, be as snarky as you want no GM is stupid enough to load up their own division when they can load up someone else

Again, disagree. A division is now 25% of the league.

If you think being disagreed with is snarky, then I apologize for being snarky again.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Don't see how you could be against another Namestikov trade. At this rate he's going to be turned into a 2nd or two mid picks at the deadline. Hopefully by then some of these AHL players are ready to step in and finish the season strong.

For once Melnyk spends a bit of money to grow an asset and he's still slammed for it. He deserves credit where it's due.

While it appears decent right now, make no mistake by giving Eugene or Pierre the benefit of the doubt especially if saving money is involved, these guys routinely get the driver out and full swing-shank tap ins. Sadly acquiring a better package for VN is certainly not a given considering especially Pierre's recent history of trading away superior players and picks for inferior returns+cash savings.

Last edited:

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Devin Shore would be a good buy-low candidate from Anaheim. He's inexplicably lost in the forward logjam and could probably be acquired for a 3rd.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ritchie isn't terrible by any means, and I still think he is good enough to play in the top 9 in a complimentary role, but we have Rakell, Comtois, and Jones all starting to emerge + Shore (who could also get moved) and Deslauriers, Henrique who has played best at LW and will likely move there when our C prospects start to emerge, and Tracey who is another top prospect who all play LW and thus, Ritchie is starting to get pushed out of the lineup. The Ducks would probably want picks, or a defenseman of similar age/caliber/contract coming in return.

Leafs would have an interest in Ritchie if the price was right.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Nope.
He is an RFA. Strike one.
He has 2 years left on his contract. Strike two.
He makes more money than his cap hit next year. Strike three.

Dorion wants a skilled UFA that wants to prove himself so he can flip him at the deadline.

Cutting it close to flip someone. Also taking a 3rd liner and giving him 1st line minutes for a few months to boost his stats ins't going to fool any GMs. Might as well piss on someone and tell them it's rain

Reactions: TeddyBare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad