Dorion letter to season ticket holders

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I still find myself just slowly shaking my head every time I think about how Dorion went into the dressing room and told the poor players whom he's left out to dry all season to stop making excuses and play harder lol.

The ultimate in absurdity.
Is there anything this guy isn’t willing to do for Melnyk? It’s getting really disturbing at this point.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously, ottawa crowds need to inject some vitriol when they go to the games. Too passive, start more protests, make more noise about the sheer incompetence of our management. Throw some **** on the ice. This needs to be like heatley level hate for our management for how they've decimated a once proud franchise. They have ZERO hope in attracting any viable free agents or coaches, and for that matter hockey executives
Dude... I tried last game. Only 1 or 2 people joined me in Melnyk out chants. I also chanted it at the end of the game through the halls. All alone.
Were many oilers fans though. Especially in the 100 sections.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Dude... I tried last game. Only 1 or 2 people joined me in Melnyk out chants. I also chanted it at the end of the game through the halls. All alone.

That's because people are p***yes when they aren't behind their keyboards. And the fact that most people who hate Melnyk probably aren't at the game to begin with.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
That's because people are *****es when they aren't behind their keyboards. And the fact that most people who hate Melnyk probably aren't at the game to begin with.

Thing is, the majority of most teams fanbases are not represented online in these forums/reddit/twitter.

Casual hockey fans don't give a **** about the owner, they just go to a game 2-3 times a year, for 3 hours and then leave.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Thing is, the majority of most teams fanbases are not represented online in these forums/reddit/twitter.

Casual hockey fans don't give a **** about the owner, they just go to a game 2-3 times a year, for 3 hours and then leave.

True to a point. But look how bad the attendance is. That's a lot of damn people that hate the owner.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004

It’s Ottawa... what do you expect.. People get upset if you cheer too loud...better yet chanting out the owner. It’s all about a quiet time with a Tim hortons...

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Opened the email from PD this morning.

What a weak worded letter. Way too long. Full of garbage.

The organization needs to know this attempt to calm and swoon fans is so far off base.

To think that the means of reaching out to fans is so far out of touch. It really shows that it is a shell of organization.

I hope the players really deflect all the shot going on, but I am sure they cannot be shielded from this immense letdown.

Something has to change, before the end of the season.

For real.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
we are getting closer and closer to the shattering point.
I mean the following as a serious question as I too wonder how much longer the team can sustain this direction. The question is though, "What are the characteristics of a shattering point?". How bad can it possibly get?
We'll never reach a point where players refuse to play, or coaches refuse to come here. And there will always be fans going to games.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

I was eating lunch at BK the other day, and two dudes eating beside me talking about how much of a moron Melnyk is and that he needs to go.

It's everywhere, man. The city is polluted.

Reactions: Cheapseats

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
In other words, Dorion’s message to the fans:

‘We got rid of Boucher, got rid of all the bad apples in the locker room, and are now playing our young prospects full-time, and we did it all for our fans. Come buy tickets. NO EXCUSES!’

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
i wonder if this is how edmonton and toronto maple leafs fans felt while they were rebuilding and at their lowest point

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Honestly what is Gary Bettmans problem? This is his team he has to look after as the commissioner. If this was an American team I'm sure he would be all over it. Melnyk and Dorian are causing serious harm to the Sens organization. It's almost like he wants so much **** to happen that he thinks it's best for the team to relocate when things get worse.
If Melnyk out and decreased attendance are not working we should aim at the higher target.
Is it possible to send emails , letters etc to Betman and Daly?
Don’t know if it would change something but attempt at Eugene alone is not working
He doesn’t care and is committed to run that thing to the ground

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
True to a point. But look how bad the attendance is. That's a lot of damn people that hate the owner.

It is also a lot of people who don't find NHL hockey novel any more, and who aren't going to drive to Kanata to watch a 31st place team.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It is also a lot of people who don't find NHL hockey novel any more, and who aren't going to drive to Kanata to watch a 31st place team.
It's a lot of season ticket holders who aren't renewing in addition to the die hards who go to a few games every season that aren't going anymore more than anything IMO

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If Melnyk out and decreased attendance are not working we should aim at the higher target.
Is it possible to send emails , letters etc to Betman and Daly?
Don’t know if it would change something but attempt at Eugene alone is not working
He doesn’t care and is committed to run that thing to the ground

Bettman works for Eugene.

THe only time he'll step in is if Melnyk tries to move the franchise, wants to sell it to interests who will move it, or if he can't make payroll.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Word is it was an angry email I believe. These are some doozy claims of craziness though.

Bryan must be turning in his grave. I always knew He was the one standing up to Melnyk all those years and probably told him on many occasions to f*** off and him being a respected experienced hockey man Melnyk backed off. Now Dorion is a spineless puppet.

Reactions: billpo

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Bettman works for Eugene.

THe only time he'll step in is if Melnyk tries to move the franchise, wants to sell it to interests who will move it, or if he can't make payroll.
Not that they're an authority on the subject, but I guess relevant to your comment. Doug Maclean and Brian Burke had some interesting commentary about this yesterday. They said that while owners are technically Bettman's boss, its not as simple as owners dictating their terms and that communication, pressure and expectations from the league are significant and that when things turn the way they have in Ottawa, there would already be a lot of pressure from the league to clean it up and start operating professionally.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Bryan must be turning in his grave. I always knew He was the one standing up to Melnyk all those years and probably told him on many occasions to **** off and him being a respected experienced hockey man Melnyk backed off. Now Dorion is a spineless puppet.
Its getting to be pretty obvious Melnyk needs a "handler" to keep him from completely flying off the handle. His more hands on approach since Dorion took over seems like obvious intent to be more involved in the hockey decisions and now he's got a GM he can dictate to.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

And they are last because? The owner. If we had stable ownership and a playoff team, the fans will be there. And it isn't even that far a drive to Kanata lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->