Dorion letter to season ticket holders

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Somebody on the main boards made a good point, this is a very bizarre timing for a release such as this. They normally come at the conclusion of the season/playoffs, as a direction for next season.

Damage control is in (attempted) full force.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I got something similar after the Karlsson trade. They do this from time to time when something big happens. The timing of it feels like Boucher was going to be fired after the TDL. It was in the works.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I got something similar after the Karlsson trade. They do this from time to time when something big happens. The timing of it feels like Boucher was going to be fired after the TDL. It was in the works.
PD said he decided to fire him this morning

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
He's talking about rebuilding. Didn't he tell Ian to tell us what a rebuild is?

I don't think were doing that. I think a rebuild is when you sign only old guys and do something called going for a cup or glass of something.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Nm but if you read it i wasn't joking.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Nice try, but with every piece of press, they show more and more that they're still completely missing the point and the disconnect with the fans.

Nobody disputes your collection of youth as a positive, especially post trade deadline, but the inclusion of guys like England and Harpur as anything but eventual waiver fodder is somewhat concerning and patronizing.

The issue is that nobody believes in them or anything they say whatsoever, but instead of listening, every release and interview is a lecture about how great they're actually doing and we're just out to lunch. Actions are the only things that can be taken at face value from the organization anymore and most actions seem to contradict their RaRa condescending press releases and interviews.

That list of Vets is just downright embarrassing. Why include that? Nobody gives a shit after you sent all the players packing that we actually wanted to keep and kept the ones you couldn't trade. It's only more aggravating to see that list touted as some kind of rebuild guidance. Do yourself a favor and don't bring that list out again.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It all feels like propaganda instead of genuine, heartfelt, truthful words. They'll say anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to get the STHs to stay on board.

Hard to believe anyone would still fall for it but there's always a small percentage of fans willing to blindly throw their money at this org.

This letter will only work on them.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He thinks he's going to win more then 10 games next year despite destroying the roster :surrender

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It all feels like propaganda instead of genuine, heartfelt, truthful words. They'll say anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to get the STHs to stay on board.

Hard to believe anyone would still fall for it but there's always a small percentage of fans willing to blindly throw their money at this org.

This letter will only work on them.

Push the con as long as you can by any means and then bail.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
tenor.gif

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Holy **** he really is Donald Trump vCanada.
The similarities in their personality seem to be eerily similar. Delusional arrogance in a dictator is not a good quality.

You just can't run a hockey team like this. It's guaranteed to fail. A guy that knows nothing about hockey and proves it every time he tries to talk about it should not be making all these hockey decisions.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
“I am absolutely confident we can lean on Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Mark Borowiecki, Zack Smith, Cody Ceci, Bobby Ryan, Craig Anderson, Chris Tierney and Dylan Demelo to show our youth movement the way.”

*renews season tickets instantly*

:laugh:

That's the real kick in the nuts, that they still believe any of those names save for Pageau mean anything to a fanbase that's lost Stone, Hoffman, Karlsson, Duchene and Dzingel in the last year. Dorion really does think the fans are idiots that don't realize he only kept those scrubs because no team will trade for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad