McKenzie: Dorion, Brisson break bread on Duchene front

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. No one has any sources. How does anybody really know what Duchene wants to do?

His home town is not very far from Ottawa. Maybe that impacts his thinking.

What I see is a lot opinions with no real basis or foundation on anything and folks trying to pass it off as what they know will happen.
People saying he wants to play for a contender have pretty damn good reasons to say that. That's literally what he said when he requested a trade out of Colorado.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I wonder what San Jose willgive Ottawa for Duchene. There has to be something left in the junk drawer.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
People saying he wants to play for a contender have pretty damn good reasons to say that. That's literally what he said when he requested a trade out of Colorado.

So, given that some time has passed since then, and that the situation is different (e.g., closer to his home town), what I said is correct. Everybody who feigns or pretends to know something doesn't and is simply expressing their opinion. Opinions of course can be driven by narratives and prejudices and there's a ton of it in here (HF) in general and in this thread. Thanks though.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Pierre is going to feel like he needs to sign him. Duchene is probably worth 7.5-8 but could easily get 10 from the Sens.

Have you met our owner? Scrooge Mcmelnyk is his name, and he is not spending 10 million on Duchene if he wasnt going to spend that on Karlsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad