NHL Entry Draft: donut's 2018 NHL Entry Mock Draft (FINAL)

donut

Sep 5, 2012
This is my prediction as to how the draft board will shape out on Day 1 of the draft. Not necessarily my ranking of the players as a number of players are much higher/lower than I have them in my player rankings. Let me know what you all think!

#NHL TeamPlayer
1Buffalo SabresRasmus Dahlin, D
2Carolina HurricanesAndrei Svechnikov, RW
3Montreal CanadiensJesper Kotkaniemi, C
4Ottawa SenatorsFilip Zadina, LW
5Arizona CoyotesOliver Wahlstrom, RW
6Detroit Red WingsNoah Dobson, D
7Vancouver CanucksQuinn Hughes, D
8Chicago BlackhawksBrady Tkachuk, LW
9New York RangersEvan Bouchard, D
10Edmonton OilersAdam Boqvist, D
11New York IslandersTy Smith, D
12New York Islanders (via CGY)Joel Farabee, LW
13Dallas StarsJoe Veleno, C
14Philadelphia Flyers (via STL)Barrett Hayton, C
15Florida PanthersJonatan Berggren, RW
16Colorado AvalancheVitali Kravtsov, RW
17New Jersey DevilsDominik Bokk, RW
18Columbus Blue JacketsRasmus Kupari, C/RW
19Philadelphia FlyersMartin Kaut, RW
20Los Angeles KingsIsac Lundestrom, LW/C
21San Jose SharksJonny Tychonick, D
22Ottawa Senators (via PIT)K’Andre Miller, D
23Anaheim DucksAkil Thomas, RW
24Minnesota WildRyan Merkley, D
25Toronto Maple LeafsBode Wilde, D
26New York Rangers (via BOS)Grigori Denisenko, LW
27Chicago Blackhawks (via NSH)Calen Addison, D
28New York Rangers (via TBL)Mattias Samuelsson, D
29St Louis Blues (via WPG)Ty Dellandrea, C
30Detroit Red Wings (via VGK) Jesse Ylonen, RW
31Washington CapitalsDavid Gustafsson, C
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Dabeast and hi

briggzee1

Apr 30, 2018
If this is the way the draft actually goes people will be sh*tting their pants. No way Bouchard drops to 9. Just no way. Only way he drops that far is if the Wings trade down and get assurance he's not getting picked.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
If this is the way the draft actually goes people will be sh*tting their pants. No way Bouchard drops to 9. Just no way. Only way he drops that far is if the Wings trade down and get assurance he's not getting picked.

Why do you think there is no way he drops to #9? All 8 players, on my mock draft, that got taken ahead of him are in the same ballpark in talent. It’s very much a possibility of him “dropping” a few spots.

Reactions: Catbug

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why do you think there is no way he drops to #9? All 8 players, on my mock draft, that got taken ahead of him are in the same ballpark in talent. It’s very much a possibility of him “dropping” a few spots.
Agree 100%. The top 10 in the draft can go in any order.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Bode Wilde is an interesting selection for Toronto. He'd be hard to pass up at 25, but the Leafs have been leaning to high hockey IQ types, so not sure how that would play out.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
At the end of the day would you rather have Zadina and Miller or 1 of (Dobson/Hughes/Bouchard) and 1 of (Thomas/Dellandria/Foudy/Denisenko)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No way Rangers pass on Boqvist to take Bouchard
I hate when people make a comment like this on a Mock Draft. You have no idea what the Rangers list is. If you're hoping the Rangers would take Boqvist over Bouchard, fine, but don't say 'no way they would pass on him'.

In 2013 the Flyers had Sam Morin and Mirco Mueller 6th and 7th on their draft list. Sean Monahan 11th. Food for thought.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
To me, this Isle scenario happens only if JT is resigned, if not and knowing the Isles Center cupboard is very bare, I think they take one of Veleno/Hayton

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I hate when people make a comment like this on a Mock Draft. You have no idea what the Rangers list is. If you're hoping the Rangers would take Boqvist over Bouchard, fine, but don't say 'no way they would pass on him'.

In 2013 the Flyers had Sam Morin and Mirco Mueller 6th and 7th on their draft list. Sean Monahan 11th. Food for thought.
Boqvist next Karlsson. Bouchard not a great skater. The Rangers are putting an emphasis on speed. I am doubling down on my statement. “No way Rangers pass on Boqvist to take Bouchar”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad