Don't Mess with Al Trautwig

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
:laugh:

maybe he was a stickman instead of a stickboy

he just seems like an odd creepy old man.. well i dont understand why he has been working for MSG for so long..

Well his interview with Pat Lafontaine makes him a prime suspect for this guy to show up....

hansen_story.jpg

"Why don't you have a seat?..."

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I think it's hilarious he called the guy. Can't believe people see this as a negative for a celebrity type to call someone who was insulting them on the net. He's not going to shoot the guy or fight him it was a simple phone call omg the horror! This isn't that piece of garbage spike lee tweeting someones address and imploring people to commit murder. Then again some people were actually offended Rex Ryan flipped the bird at hecklers. So lame.

Wolfy*

Trautwig must have done something right when he's been in this business for 40 years...

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Besides the guy tweeting that Trautwig called his mom, is there any proof? I'm not sure if I'm missing a ton of sarcasm in this thread but I have a hard time believing he really did it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think it's hilarious he called the guy. Can't believe people see this as a negative for a celebrity type to call someone who was insulting them on the net. He's not going to shoot the guy or fight him it was a simple phone call omg the horror! This isn't that piece of garbage spike lee tweeting someones address and imploring people to commit murder. Then again some people were actually offended Rex Ryan flipped the bird at hecklers. So lame.

I don't think anyone is offended or "omg" over this. It's just lkke, why bother? You're a public figure on Twitter, people are going to give you ****, that's never going to change. It's part of the deal when you sign up for this. And when you respond like that, people will criticize you whether the criticism is valid or not. Like I said, Trautwig should know better. He should be savvy enough to know that "celebrities" are held to a different standard than the general public.

Anyway, I think it's more about taking internet **** into "real life." Internet feuds are stupid, but harmless. Taking that feud off the net and into real life? Even if it's harmless, it's still...weird. If nothing else.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Besides the guy tweeting that Trautwig called his mom, is there any proof? I'm not sure if I'm missing a ton of sarcasm in this thread but I have a hard time believing he really did it.

Yeah, Trautwig responded to the guy acknowledging that he called.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I don't think anyone is offended or "omg" over this. It's just lkke, why bother? You're a public figure on Twitter, people are going to give you ****, that's never going to change. It's part of the deal when you sign up for this. And when you respond like that, people will criticize you whether the criticism is valid or not. Like I said, Trautwig should know better. He should be savvy enough to know that "celebrities" are held to a different standard than the general public.

Anyway, I think it's more about taking internet **** into "real life." Internet feuds are stupid, but harmless. Taking that feud off the net and into real life? Even if it's harmless, it's still...weird. If nothing else.

I didn't say anyone was offended about this. It's weird I agree. I didn't say it wasn't weird but I did imply it was weird in a way that should make it utterly amusing.

The reaction is overly negative here as if he did something actually wrong. Internet is real life we don't exist in a cartoon when on the net. People act like it's a different world and that gives them license to act like complete ******* anonymously and without repercussion. What's worse is we have accepted this. Just because it's accepted now doesn't mean it isn't nonsense. It's not harmless either. That said there's just an overly negative reaction here that doesn't seem at all justified. If people open their big net mouths the way that net heckler did they should expect to get told to shut it and I love hearing about it b/c it's funny! Shame some other people can't see the humor as evident in this thread

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Oh, I see the humor: some ******* acts dumb on the internet, someone acts dumb in response. I get it and I do find it amusing. That's separate, though, from saying Trautwig should know better.

If someone trolls me on HF, I know better than to take the bait and respond in kind. Just makes both of us look stupid, you know? This is the same thing.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

I agree with this. Sadly as a public figure it is part of the deal. If nothing else it makes him look petty.

However, there is definitely a little part of me that thinks many of the idiots on twitter chirping people they never would in real life deserve to have a little manners slapped into them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just to clarify something I said earlier: I understand that internet "feuds" are not necessarily harmless. Just because something is said online doesn't mean it's not hurtful, or doesn't carry real consequences. We see the unfortunate and often tragic results of online bullying and harassment far too frequently nowadays. But some idiot calling a public figure a moron? Yeah, no big deal. Comes with the territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad