Speculation: Don't look now, Hawks 2 points from the 5th place in the lottery

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Welp, we have lost 2 games in convincing fashion with terrible D and multiple turnovers/giveaways. I am back on the fence leaning towards a tsnk finish because the reality is we just don't have the speacial teams or defensive talent to hang with the big boys. That winning streak was just a flash in the pan. Only 5 points in front of the bottom 3.

St. Louis is on a whole different level than the Hawks. That’s what a playoff team looks like. Berube turned that team around. The Hawks had a nice couple weeks but are still a bottom feeder. It’ll work out. We still have a great chance at a top 5 pick.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
It is not just a lack of defensive talent but also the very passive play that they have gotten so accustom too. A few games they come all out playing hard hitting aggressive hockey and then keep going back to the very passive way of playing. They need to learn to be aggressive for sixt minutes of every game. Why do they keep going back to the old habits after playing a few aggressive games?

Reactions: BobbyJet

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It is not just a lack of defensive talent but also the very passive play that they have gotten so accustom too. A few games they come all out playing hard hitting aggressive hockey and then keep going back to the very passive way of playing. They need to learn to be aggressive for sixt minutes of every game. Why do they keep going back to the old habits after playing a few aggressive games?

A soft team like the Hawks really needs a player or 2 in the bottom 6 that piles up hits to set the tone.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
A soft team like the Hawks really needs a player or 2 in the bottom 6 that piles up hits to set the tone.

Q had this team playing the soft game for years. Old habits die hard, and JC is living it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
The defense simply put have to play the body more. They don’t need to be out there trying to crush people, but the amount of times they allow a player to walk into the zone untouched is unacceptable.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is true but let’s not forget the Hawks prime teams controlled possession a lot. Some things to fix but Q had this team keeping the puck which is huge.
exactly, the reason why this team was pushed around for years was because we had the puck more times than not. we just don't have the depth of those teams to be able to play like that right now...we can all agree on our 4th line needs help, physicality wouldn't hurt but I am more concerned with getting that line to a much better overall quickness/speed and ability to apply pressure on the opposition.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
exactly, the reason why this team was pushed around for years was because we had the puck more Replytimes than not. we just don't have the depth of those teams to be able to play like that right now...we can all agree on our 4th line needs help, physicality wouldn't hurt but I am more concerned with getting that line to a much better overall quickness/speed and ability to apply pressure on the opposition.

If you're going to settle for so little on the 4th line isn't that what Fortin brings?

When it comes the current situation (when Kampf returns) I think a 4th line of Fortin-Kampf-Hayden would be a better version than what Hawks are icing currently. Far from ideal though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
"Stick On A Treadmill"...great name for a song. ..probably Country...somebody send the title suggestion to Garth Brooks!

Don't like treadmills ..
Let alone mu Blackhawks being stick on one...but hey...it is what it is...isn't it?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you're going to settle for so little on the 4th line isn't that what Fortin brings?

When it comes the current situation (when Kampf returns) I think a 4th line of Fortin-Kampf-Hayden would be a better version than what Hawks are icing currently. Far from ideal though.
I agree, but the ability to put pressure on is the key, we need guys with speed that can play solid defense, I didn't see much of that from Fortin when he was up here.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree, but the ability to put pressure on is the key, we need guys with speed that can play solid defense, I didn't see much of that from Fortin when he was up here.

There's not much to choose from. I expect Highmore to make the squad next season - though it sure would be nice to have Danault or even Shaw these days.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
There's not much to choose from. I expect Highmore to make the squad next season - though it sure would be nice to have Danault or even Shaw these days.
Isn’t Highmore back practicing? It’ll probably take him some time to get his legs back. I always thought he’d make the jump to the club this year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's time!!!

tumblr_pn9dpdvTsZ1xkok61o1_400.gif

Reactions: RayP and b1e9a8r5s

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
For about 45 minutes it was true.

Although the avs certainly took care of business all evening.

Or am I wrong? So many teams bunched up there.
I was watching Hawks on dvr, so that might be true.
As it stands now they are tied with Avs who have a game in hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->