Don't blame Grba, blame Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
What an absolute horrible pass that resulted in this hit. Thanks a lot Raphael!

I actually think Grba's hit was not a "bad, malicious" one. I've seen worse a thousand times over without any penalty called. This penalty was called probably because Eller was bent down and thus received the check partially in the head and because he was injured. There was no elbows out at all and Grba has never received any prior punishment.

The bottom line - Eller was vulnerable thanks to the misguided pass from one Raphael Diaz. And Diaz wasn't even being pressured to pass it quickly. While Eller couldn't see Grba, Diaz surely could because he had a clear view of the play in front of him.

I'm frustrated too, but place the blame where it mostly belong. The old principle applies here: Cause and effect!

Physical HABuse

Nov 3, 2002
Mississauga
Visit site
What an absolute horrible pass that resulted in this hit. Thanks a lot Raphael!

I actually think Grba's hit was not a "bad, malicious" one. I've seen worse a thousand times over without any penalty called. This penalty was called probably because Eller was bent down and thus received the check partially in the head and because he was injured. There was no elbows out at all and Grba has never received any prior punishment.

The bottom line - Eller was vulnerable thanks to the misguided pass from one Raphael Diaz. And Diaz wasn't even being pressured to pass it quickly. While Eller couldn't see Grba, Diaz surely could because he had a clear view of the play in front of him.

I'm frustrated too, but place the blame where it mostly belong. The old principle applies here: Cause and effect!

Who are you again? Fan 62?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad