Don't be duped...

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Previously I had ordered from totalhockey.net and recieved my order pretty fast and it was correct, they seemed nice and polite. As of a couple weeks ago I had nothing bad to say about them... Well about two weeks ago, I ordered some one90 shin guards and a half shield from them because HG and HM were the only other places I could find them in my size and find the half shield I wanted. Well I called to confirm that they had it in stock, they did not. The guy I talked to told me that they had the one50 shin guard and that I could buy those. I told him I didn't want the one50s and he "explained" to me that they were basically the same but different color. I told him that they were not and a few certain features that I wanted were only on the one90 shins, he told me I was wrong. Basically, he just wanted to make a sale. He didn't care whether I got something that I wanted or not, whether I was happy or not AND outright called me a liar. I canceled my order and he sighed and said "if you want." I just hung up.

My main want from the shin pads(besides the tight fit and tapered lower portion) was the honeycomb type protection(more breathable) and the nike grip print liner. Both of which he told me was on the one50... This is false, I believe the honeycomb type padding is available only on the one70(only on the calf wrap) and one90 and the grip print liner is only on the one90. I recently went online and confirmed that I was correct, I just sent an email to totalhockey and I will update you as to what they say.

I just wanted to inform you about negative dealings with a popular online retail store so that someone that is less informed as I am doesn't get duped by this sales tactic.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
added it to the equipment list post. BTW I ordered my blade from them. Ordered it last friday and it got here this friday. It should have only taken 3 days to ship, I guess they have a 2 day processing time or some garbage.

GruntyCanuck

May 12, 2007
I buy either locally or just quick stuff from Buy.com.

Google Checkout makes everything $10 less (I got backup equipment REALLY cheap that way)

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I like buying locally or from smaller shops, but I only had 3 options to get what I wanted. I ended up using HM because they've been somewhat decent when I've had issues, but only if you talk to a manager.

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
yeah hockeymonkey and hockeygiant are good. Hockeygiant seems to have the fastest shipping to me, though inlinewarehouse and icewarehouse have been good to me too.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
i order from them on monday, got it friday. had no issue with the order. sucks you had a bad experience./

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad