Dongs gm game #3 Second season

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Who would like to do a second season

also if you are agent and would resign please announce in main thread

first one to ten will end this poll

please announce who you voted for and why and also if you voted no will you be willin to play a second season

i voted yes becasue i want ryan murray

Last edited:

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
Who would like to do a second season ( there would be a great draft) solid free agent market( penner sharp hemsky semin burns corburn carle broduer rfas like Tavares hedman bogoisan

also if you are agent and would resign please announce in main thread

first one to ten will end this poll

I said yes, but only for the draft

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
Not really, as we don't really have enough active GMs for a 30 team league. It will be too confusing trying to make sure everyone is under the cap, and that too, the cap will be confusing. We are better off starting a whole new game after this one, since activity on this board spikes around the time of the draft, which is now. It really won't be worth it.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Not really, as we don't really have enough active GMs for a 30 team league. It will be too confusing trying to make sure everyone is under the cap, and that too, the cap will be confusing. We are better off starting a whole new game after this one, since activity on this board spikes around the time of the draft, which is now. It really won't be worth it.

we could do an dispersal draft for the gms who are unactive and teams that havent had a gm player. The draft would be a lottery like the 2005 draft most likely. also the cap would probably 68m since Atlanta moved to Winnipeg

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
we could do an dispersal draft for the gms who are unactive and teams that havent had a gm player. The draft would be a lottery like the 2005 draft most likely

Yes but it the game has lost its thunder. Sure we had a great run, but if we do another season, I'm gonna drop out. Too confusing for me personally. It just doesn't seem to be as active.

Also, some people might not have the cap for a dispersal draft, i.e. Rick Nash

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Yes but it the game has lost its thunder. Sure we had a great run, but if we do another season, I'm gonna drop out. Too confusing for me personally. It just doesn't seem to be as active.

Also, some people might not have the cap for a dispersal draft, i.e. Rick Nash

increase cap if they do an dispersal draft to 72m - 75m and columbus has a gm.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I voted no, because i`d like to start a new league personally, but i would still play if you guys decided to play another year and the lottery draft sounds exciting.

I`d like to figure it out and get it all started today since i have the day off lol

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Yes dude, that was just an example. If you increase the cap, a lot of those players that you wanted to sign will probably re-sign. Like Tavares. He is not going anywhere

and we wont increase by that much anyways because that's an example it probably be 68-70m with an cap floor

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
also eight people already voted in less than 12 hours so i think we could at least 20 active people right now

Thats only a small problem. The real big problem is that if we do a second season, it will be all speculation. Who is to say Nugent-Hopkins won't be a bust? And if you assume that he isn't would you ever assume that at the time Ryan Miller and Henrik Zetterberg were drafted, in the 5th round, that they would be superstars? It's really too hard to predict, plus people will make it so that all of their picks and prospects are the next Gretzkys and Lemieuxs

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I voted no, because i`d like to start a new league personally, but i would still play if you guys decided to play another year and the lottery draft sounds exciting.

I`d like to figure it out and get it all started today since i have the day off lol

the poll most likely will be closed when the results of the finals get posted to move it into a smooth and quick transition

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Thats only a small problem. The real big problem is that if we do a second season, it will be all speculation. Who is to say Nugent-Hopkins won't be a bust? And if you assume that he isn't would you ever assume that at the time Ryan Miller and Henrik Zetterberg were drafted, in the 5th round, that they would be superstars? It's really too hard to predict, plus people will make it so that all of their picks and prospects are the next Gretzkys and Lemieuxs

show me the last first overall that was a bust that didn't get injured that harmed development it would like at least 12 years i think also that no one would think anyone would be the next Gretzky or Lemieux because those players only come every ten fifteen years

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
It will be rather annoying everything being predictions, speculating on everything, you are going to have those people saying that there players are amazing even though they were drafted in the 3rd round and havn`t even played on north american ice yet lol

But i aslso see the apeal in doing something like that aswell so all im saying is im down for anything

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
It will be rather annoying everything being predictions, speculating on everything, you are going to have those people saying that there players are amazing even though they were drafted in the 3rd round and havn`t even played on north american ice yet lol

But i aslso see the apeal in doing something like that aswell so all im saying is im down for anything

well you guys are speculated that there will be someone overrated their prospect (hopefully their isnt anyone doing that)
and no more posting all questions in the main thread not here only posting is people saying why they voted for and if they are willin to play a second season

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
show me the last first overall that was a bust that didn't get injured that harmed development it would like at least 12 years i think also that no one would think anyone would be the next Gretzky or Lemieux because those players only come every ten fifteen years
Maybe not first overall, an example would be Filatov. But anyway, not to bash on you or anything, you're promoting your Oilers like its going to be another dynasty. To me, it seems like you just want to have another season just so you can make feel good about yourself and have them make the playoffs. I can see many players on your roster that while they may have playoff experience, they do not have NHL playoff experience.

Jul 10, 2010
I have a much better idea. We start a new from, at the 2010 draft with hall, Seguin still on the board. We pick trade etc, until we get through that season, then we play 2011 season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad