OT: Donairs: The official food of the HF Oilers board :Part 2

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I know this is somewhat old, but I can add a best donair poll if you guys want to give me some nominations (Swiss is the only one I've been to)

Try looking up #YEGdonairpoll on twitter, Paul Almeida did one recently.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Big Bite donair is probably my newest Northside Favorite. It's like Old School Swiss before Swiss started cutting corners

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
I've only had pizza there (a couple of years ago) but I've heard from a reliable source that Amean Pizza on 34th Ave & 99th St has excellent donairs.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I've only had pizza there (a couple of years ago) but I've heard from a reliable source that Amean Pizza on 34th Ave & 99th St has excellent donairs.
They are pretty good and cheap. The spicy king is good.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Look what I found in Halifax.
Rbvf2sP.jpg

RcC1BE5.jpg

LGgZGAd.jpg

Last edited:

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
I haven't seen much love for it in here, but Roma Pizza & Donair has some great donair. My current go-to. 118 ST and 40 Ave. Check it out.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Which donair is the biggest in Edmonton? Im more of a quantity man versus taste. I like em large

Fat Boys was pretty big I thought any bigger ones?

Wildcat Donair from Marco's at the UofA. It's not great but they're massive. Haven't been there in a few years so not sure if they still have them.

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
If you're in Sherwood Park, I recommend Famous Donair next to Average Joe's on Baseline Road. I've been supporting him for 13 years. Haven't had a better one elsewhere.

He's also a huge supporter of minor hockey and has photos on the wall with numerous Knights (Junior B) teams

Last edited:

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, if you guys want a good donair Atlantic Canada is where to find them! Especially in Halifax

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Anyone have any new hitters in Calgary? I've tried the Calgary board a few times and their responses are as slow and useless as their team.

Big John's Pizza has a fairly close donair to what I could get out East. Jimmy's A and A is tonne of meat but, meh.

83to48

May 6, 2007
On The Halfboards
If you're in Sherwood Park, I recommend Robbie's Donair next to Average Joe's on Baseline Road. I've been supporting him for 13 years. Haven't had a better one elsewhere.

He's also a huge supporter of minor hockey and has photos on the wall with numerous Knights (Junior B) teams

Amen to this. Rob is such a good dude, he supports the Crusaders aswell and used to come out Midget AAA games sometimes. The man even visited my family rink once and brought us tasty treats. I feel bad if I ever eat a Donair that he hasn't made. Famous Donair which his son owns is about the only other place I get from.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, TLDR rest of thread yet but Laziza off of Castledowns road is one of my favourites. I also really like Richards Donair off 137th ave and 127st.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Amen to this. Rob is such a good dude, he supports the Crusaders aswell and used to come out Midget AAA games sometimes. The man even visited my family rink once and brought us tasty treats. I feel bad if I ever eat a Donair that he hasn't made. Famous Donair which his son owns is about the only other place I get from.

Yeah, I might be repeating myself, but he gave me a quick tour of the new joint before it opened, just because I was spying through the window, mouth watering.

I'm going tomorrow to buy just donair meat and trying to recreate the Brewhouse's Donair Tacos. Which are excellent, but simple.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
After the Metallica concert last week - and some terrible choices by our resident Edmonton friend to take the dumb bus to kingsway mall instead of the train downtown - we finally got queen donair downtown. It tasted amazing at the time thats for sure.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, TLDR rest of thread yet but Laziza off of Castledowns road is one of my favourites. I also really like Richards Donair off 137th ave and 127st.

I'll throw in my support for Laziza. That donair was freaking awesome.
I think it was better than swiss donair to be honest.

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
Which donair places in Edmonton would you recommend as far as the biggest size of donair? Ive been to Marcos Famous Downtown and their jumbo is pretty big. Looking for recommendations on others

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lady friend brought home have a donair Friday night. Rather unfortunate that she has no idea where it was from. Didn't have over kill of sauce. Meat was juicy, just enough cheese.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Look what I found in Halifax.
Rbvf2sP.jpg

RcC1BE5.jpg

LGgZGAd.jpg

The whole Kit and Kaboodle there.

I'm still with Swiss here in the North End purely because of distance. Having said that, the only other North end one I liked is Richard's when I lived over there.

One thing a few people closer to my age might recall is the Road Runner on 132 Ave or so. They were best before the new owners took over......but that news is old donair history.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Lady friend brought home have a donair Friday night. Rather unfortunate that she has no idea where it was from. Didn't have over kill of sauce. Meat was juicy, just enough cheese.
If only Charles smart on whyte ave was still around. They had a super jumbo that was absolutely massive.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Jumbo donair on 66th, Simon King, Simply donairs on 50th, Mikes on 50th (hit or miss), Zachs at Millbourne (hit or miss)...off the top of my head.
but I work in the SE end of Edmonton, so I tend to frequent these places....haven't really tried anything north or west of the city.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Jumbo donair on 66th, Simon King, Simply donairs on 50th, Mikes on 50th (hit or miss), Zachs at Millbourne (hit or miss)...off the top of my head.
but I work in the SE end of Edmonton, so I tend to frequent these places....haven't really tried anything north or west of the city.
Try more subs on 50th street and roper road by the barbecue place there. I grew up in the southeast and it's hands down my fav.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->