Management Don Sweeney III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Right now, but Heinen has a laser shot. He just needs to use it more. Put him in a top 6 role like Anderson where he gets opportunities and he'll put up 20+ and he is a way better passer than Anderson. But again, fan mileages may vary.
Heinen has a good shot, if it hits the net. The guy sends more into the glass than he does on the goaltender. Laser shot or not, you have to put it on net for it to be effective.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Heinen has a good shot, if it hits the net. The guy sends more into the glass than he does on the goaltender. Laser shot or not, you have to put it on net for it to be effective.

I don't disagree- it always seemed to me to be a confidence thing with him or possibly trying to be too clever and pick a spot rather than just getting it on net. Or both? Maybe he gets past it, maybe he doesn't. I hope he does. I'd still like to see Anderson on the Bruins too- I'd trade Cehlarik and a pick for him :D

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't disagree- it always seemed to me to be a confidence thing with him or possibly trying to be too clever and pick a spot rather than just getting it on net. Or both? Maybe he gets past it, maybe he doesn't. I hope he does. I'd still like to see Anderson on the Bruins too- I'd trade Cehlarik and a pick for him :D
Don't get me wrong I think Heinen is a solid two-way player, but his lack of offense, especially in the post season kind of turns me away. He's a smart player, but yeah, he's just kind of... there.

Reactions: UConn126

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Would have liked more years on both McAvoy and Carlo, but it’s hard to complain with those cap hits.

It’s incredible how good Sweeney has been at locking up his own guys.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Would have liked more years on both McAvoy and Carlo, but it’s hard to complain with those cap hits.

It’s incredible how good Sweeney has been at locking up his own guys.
I'm fine with the years on these because they're both still restricted free agents when the contracts are up, so it's not like they can leave. We'll have Backes and the buyouts off the books, along with Krejci (off or reduced) in time to actually pay these guys.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The player retention on this team is incredible (at least for guys they identify as core pieces), and it has been for years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

true but his release for me is what I would like to see him improve upon, just holds it that extra millisecond

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The player retention on this team is incredible (at least for guys they identify as core pieces), and it has been for years.
true but there are many here who don`t remember it wasn`t that long ago that Boston was not high on anyone`s list of destinations, just had that well earned reputation for consistently playing hard ball with players and their contracts or being unwilling for years to make that one, maybe two moves that could have helped get the team over the hump.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
true but there are many here who don`t remember it wasn`t that long ago that Boston was not high on anyone`s list of destinations, just had that well earned reputation for consistently playing hard ball with players and their contracts or being unwilling for years to make that one, maybe two moves that could have helped get the team over the hump.
I think it's more about keeping guys in the fold rather than drawing them in. Even something like keeping the Merlot line in place for years is crazy as a 4th line. Iginla, Backes and Beleskey are our only really notable UFA signings this decade.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think it's more about keeping guys in the fold rather than drawing them in. Even something like keeping the Merlot line in place for years is crazy as a 4th line. Iginla, Backes and Beleskey are our only really notable UFA signings this decade.

true but it also can`t be discounted when we hear that a guy like Tavares and Kovalchuk as an example, at least gave Boston an opportunity to engage with them about jumping on board regardless that neither signed here. Either way, all these players talk, they all know long before they sign or submit their lists of teams they`d report to if a trade is imminent which cities/teams treat their players well, cities good/great for families etc....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

That was before the Cap, right?

member 96824

I don’t have the math in front of me, but I believe this will make room for another Coyle or Mojo type deal at the deadline with the way daily cap accumulates. Probably not more than one though.

Reactions: DKH

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don’t have the math in front of me, but I believe this will make room for another Coyle or Mojo type deal at the deadline with the way daily cap accumulates. Probably not more than one though.

Probably not how it plays out though. Injury replacements will likely eat all that up and then some.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Not sure if this is what you were looking for but basically next years projection.
He did not include Miller and Ritchie coming off the books

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
FAs for 2020 include:

Krug 6/40.5
Coyle 6/36
Chara 1/2
DeBrusk (RFA) 2/7.5
Grzelcyk (RFA) 2/5
Kuhlman (RFA) 2/2
Halak - bye
Wagner- bye
Nordstrom- bye
Bye to Miller and probably Ritchie too. Vaak and Lauzon will be ready and cheaper

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Right now, but Heinen has a laser shot. He just needs to use it more. Put him in a top 6 role like Anderson where he gets opportunities and he'll put up 20+ and he is a way better passer than Anderson. But again, fan mileages may vary.

His reluctance to shoot drove me nuts last season. I hope to see him shoot a lot more this season.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
FAs for 2020 include:

Krug 6/40.5
Coyle 6/36
Chara 1/2
DeBrusk (RFA) 2/7.5
Grzelcyk (RFA) 2/5
Kuhlman (RFA) 2/2
Halak - bye
Wagner- bye
Nordstrom- bye
Seems like he can pull this off even with Backes 6 M hit

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Between the McAvoy and Carlo deals, there's like ~$4 million of cap room that I did not expect us to have.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
FAs for 2020 include:

Krug 6/40.5
Coyle 6/36
Chara 1/2
DeBrusk (RFA) 2/7.5
Grzelcyk (RFA) 2/5
Kuhlman (RFA) 2/2
Halak - bye
Wagner- bye
Nordstrom- bye

What’s the plan for Vaak if we are bringing back chara, krug and gryz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad