Management Don Sweeney addresses Covid-19 pause

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Trades are tough... Don Sweeneyn
Now he has covid, shortened season, injuries, expansion as more excuses as to why he's only bringing in the oldest player available that used to be good.
I watched and missed all that

interesting Carlo and 6 other injured players skating at Warrior and getting close

also sounded like the players who were ok both flew back and have had access to rink today and thru Thursday

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I watched and missed all that

interesting Carlo and 6 other injured players skating at Warrior and getting close

also sounded like the players who were ok both flew back and have had access to rink today and thru Thursday
It does sound like things are better than expected. Would love to see this team get healthy soon and see what holes are needing to be filled the most.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Not much substance, as I figured.

Biggest take away is it sounds like those in protocol may be in there out of an abundance of caution as a result of contact tracing and not actually a positive test.

Obviously Sweeney isn't going to let anyone in the public know the trade deadline plans. Any info that leaks is lost negotiating leverage, so no GM is going to announce their plans to the press. As obvious as our need for a scorer is, saying we have to make move publicly drives up the price instantly vs. if he says they "could" potentially do something.

Reactions: BMC and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I thought I detected a little Peter Chiarelli in his mannerism there at the beginning , but maybe it was just me. Getting back to the games i want to see Vlad play on Thursday night, he was outstanding the other night, and where has Studnicka gone and why isn't he playing ?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
If Don pointing out the injuries is some sort of excuse for why they won’t be buying than I hope he’ll at least be selling the expiring pieces.

Krejci, Rask, even Halak can get you decent return, better than letting them expire for nothing. I know they have NMC but Donny could be able to sell them on going to try to contend for a cup.

Doing nothing, not buying or not selling, does nothing to help grow the team.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
in the words of Butch from last week "not great"

The one thing I take comfort from is that there has been no announcement that he's undergone surgery in addition to his concussion. I thought he might have injured his shoulder when he hit the boards.

Reactions: ODAAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad