Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
What is this, Fashion Corner tonight? I guess if you want Fashion advice, Don Cherry isn't the worst person to get it from, or something like that.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Great coach's corner tonight. Don was in rare form. The thing about this excentic Canucks golaie was awesome. They called him the Axe cause he defended a girl that her boyfriend wanted to kill with an axe! :laugh:

He should do more stuff like this, talking about weird players from the past.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Another soft euro doesn't appreciate old time hockey.

I remember there was a playoff game a few years ago between Pittsburgh and Philly and it was pretty much, come for the brawl, stay for the hockey. Everyone loved it, and I was here thinking, if this is how Hockey is played, thank god I'm not a fan of these two teams. I much prefer how the game is played now. Ok, so fighting is on the decline, and I think there is still room for the occasional fight and policing, but hockey is fast and it's a game of skill. That's why I like it.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I remember there was a playoff game a few years ago between Pittsburgh and Philly and it was pretty much, come for the brawl, stay for the hockey. Everyone loved it, and I was here thinking, if this is how Hockey is played, thank god I'm not a fan of these two teams. I much prefer how the game is played now. Ok, so fighting is on the decline, and I think there is still room for the occasional fight and policing, but hockey is fast and it's a game of skill. That's why I like it.
Hockey needs both a modern skill game and the old fashion toughness.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
He never said that nobody knows he was traded for scraps, he wanted to put the spotlight on Hoffman cause he plays great.
But he was talking about how the Panthers got him for a steal. But there are very well known reasons why he was gotten for a steal, and pointing out that he was gotten for a steal as if Ottawa made a bad trade to deal him away is misleading.

I also didn't see he said nobody knows why, but I said he is acting is as if people don't know why, when most people do.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Hockey players didn't make a great living back in the day; so Gary Smith decided take a couple of random suitcase every time he arrived at the airport. If they were locked he would take a small hatchet to the handle to break it open.

Now you know the real truth.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
Best one tonight was when he was referencing rookie Brady Tkachuk’s bravery in fighting Abdelkader recently-

“I’ll tell ya, that Ackbar can throw ‘me”
He also butchered Tkachuk as well. When it gets to the point where Don can't even get the American players names right maybe he should retire.

Reactions: koyvoo

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
But he was talking about how the Panthers got him for a steal. But there are very well known reasons why he was gotten for a steal, and pointing out that he was gotten for a steal as if Ottawa made a bad trade to deal him away is misleading.

I also didn't see he said nobody knows why, but I said he is acting is as if people don't know why, when most people do.

My reading of it was he felt the Sens should not have trade him for scraps and he's not wrong.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

I agree with much of what you said, but let's be honest. There's only 4 times during a game when everybody stands: a goal, a fight, national anthem(s), and at the end of the game when everybody leaves.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I agree with much of what you said, but let's be honest. There's only 4 times during a game when everybody stands: a goal, a fight, national anthem(s), and at the end of the game when everybody leaves.

Well I said I don't mind the occassional fight. It's when the fights consume the game itself I don't like that.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Don Cherry criticizing "Peterson" for not getting excited for the fight? This is a prime example of old vs. new right there.

What an absolute embarrassment Cherry has become. Shame on HNIC for keeping him around well past his prime he stopped being relevant 20myears ago.

An exciting and creative young rookie who is fun to watch with plenty of material to showcase his talents and he trashed him for not getting excited about a fight. Wonder if he would say the same if EP40 had on blue and white or a big B uniform?

This is why Western fans get defensive about Eastern media bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad