Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrewParros

Oct 30, 2018
Don Cherry is awesome, still understands the grit and physical aspects of the sport and believes they belong there. Not to mention best dressed in the Hockey Commentary world BAR NONE. Would not be shocked to see him fired or taken off the air for an " off color comment " one of these days however. He is old school, and voices his opinion without a filter for political correctness or politeness in general. Unfortunately Television has a rule book thicker than the NHL now.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Ron MacLean #1.

I used to record the 1st game just to watch him and the Hot Stove (or whatever they call that 2nd intermission group now). Now I can barely be bothered to take the time to fastforward to the 2nd intermission, let alone watching coaches corner. For the past 3-5 years (longer probably) I find that it's just the same old shit, and as I grow up (now in my mid 30s), I can no longer be bothered to make an attempt to watch it - and that's even when my team is playing on HNIC. And this is coming from someone who wastes a shit ton of time on stupid things.

Should just fire Grapes and give it to MacLean.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I heard Cherry on the news this morning and its amazing how much more coherent and sense he makes when hes;

1) Not in character
2) Not as fired up
3) Not rushing

I’d much rather this to this Cherry than the Cherry I ignore on HNIC.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
On the eve of the centenary of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month I know I can count on Don to mention this important anniversary. People on this side of the border (and sadly too many people north of it these days) do not realize or appreciate the incredibly disproportionate sacrifice made by the Canadian military and people to win that conflict. That's why when I was in Canada in late October last October I made sure to get a poppy from a kid outside TD Bank Stadium.

Feb 24, 2017
I generally tell myself the same thing about most HF posters.
No kidding. I love how these pompous jamokes rip on Don Cherry for whatever they do it for, yet they willingly associate themselves here with what is, let’s face it, quite the motley crew itself.

Feb 24, 2017
On the eve of the centenary of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month I know I can count on Don to mention this important anniversary. People on this side of the border (and sadly too many people north of it these days) do not realize or appreciate the incredibly disproportionate sacrifice made by the Canadian military and people to win that conflict. That's why when I was in Canada in late October last October I made sure to get a poppy from a kid outside TD Bank Stadium.
Hi Mike, I’m Johnny. I never served anywhere, but know people who did. I caught wind of this commerial from some Canadian friends I’m visiting right now. I really think it’s great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad