Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
But you omit the fact that he praised Patrick Laine (a Finn) in the same segment yesterday, which removes a bit of credibility from your "Canadian" argument.

You seriously don't think he favours Canadians and often shows a bias against Europeans?
I've seen him say some nice things about non-Canadians at times, but more often than not it's the Canadians getting the love while he takes shots at the Russians, Swedes, etc. I thought that was very obvious to everyone.

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
You seriously don't think he favours Canadians and often shows a bias against Europeans?
I've seen him say some nice things about non-Canadians at times, but more often than not it's the Canadians getting the love while he takes shots at the Russians, Swedes, etc. I thought that was very obvious to everyone.

Of course it is!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Why is this thread stickied in 2018? What a ****ing embarrassment of another segment that was.

Because it's absolutely hilarious. Pure gold. If anyone takes the man seriously anymore, outside of his love of veterans and patriotism, that's there problem!

I love the man! Always have. Even when his comments are so stupid they piss me off!!

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Maybe his best jacket - ever......

Resized_20181020_215706001.jpeg

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
But you omit the fact that he praised Patrick Laine (a Finn) in the same segment yesterday, which removes a bit of credibility from your "Canadian" argument.

Can't tell if this is willful ignorance on your part. When he praises a European or criticises a Canadian, does he ever refer to their nationality? No? Ok, how about the opposite? Yes.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Yes and he should.

The show is called HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Anybody notice Brian Burke doing a 5-7 segment with Amber during the first intermission of the evening game? Looks like Burkie is trying to take Cherry's job.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Anybody notice Brian Burke doing a 5-7 segment with Amber during the first intermission of the evening game? Looks like Burkie is trying to take Cherry's job.

I would like it if burke replaced cherry. Even though hes American so it would be a bit weird. Their both kinda nuts, no nonsense guys. Mostly I watch cherry for entertainment, not insight. Burke is pretty entertaining in his own way.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I would like it if burke replaced cherry. Even though hes American so it would be a bit weird. Their both kinda nuts, no nonsense guys. Mostly I watch cherry for entertainment, not insight. Burke is pretty entertaining in his own way.
Grapes will be an incredibly hard act to follow, but it will need someone like Burkie or Torts (if he were to give up coaching at some point) to carry on the tradition.

Reactions: RegDunlop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->