Not open for further replies.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
he is payed to share his opinion.

people care about said opinion.

you are not.

please don't compare yourself (and the importance of your opinion) with Grapes.

Spelling aside, I agree with you. :bee:

Don obviously does not appeal to the newer generation of hockey fans, we get that.

Don provides us older fans with a sense of nostalgia, and he's endearing to us in that sense.

Do I agree with him as much as I did 20 years ago? No I do not, for what it's worth.

His segments are still popular whether newer fans embrace him or not.

But I encourage those that don't like him to tune him out, lower the volume, turn off the volume, or channel flip during his segments. It's what I do with The Kardashians or Emrick...

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
That doesn't answer the question of why this has become a bashing thread, remember if you have nothing nice to say it's better not to say anything.
:huh:

Again, is this thread a pean to Cherry, or can we honestly write what we think on the subject ?

Or is every critic wrong, childish and immature ?

Reactions: Dingo

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
he is payed to share his opinion.

people care about said opinion.

you are not.

please don't compare yourself (and the importance of your opinion) with Grapes.
Opinions are just that.........no one's is more important than another.

Spelling is important...but no worry, Grapes probably can't spell either!! lol

Cheers...

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I disagree.

Understanding that some opinions are not as valuable as others is part of life.

My bosses opinion is more important than mine.

We are not all equal, no matter how much they tell you in school we are.

Reactions: Goldenshark

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
:huh:

Again, is this thread a pean to Cherry, or can we honestly write what we think on the subject ?

Or is every critic wrong, childish and immature ?
I think that many of the comments are not well thought out and that the bashing seems to be contagious. I'm a nurse and when I go to answer one of my patients calls they request painkillers and then all of a sudden every patient in the room needs painkillers even when they're not really in pain, they just heard someone request it. Similarly as soon as someone bashes Cherry everyone needs to even when they don't really feel that way.

Reactions: Goldenshark

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I think that many of the comments are not well thought out and that the bashing seems to be contagious. I'm a nurse and when I go to answer one of my patients calls they request painkillers and then all of a sudden every patient in the room needs painkillers even when they're not really in pain, they just heard someone request it. Similarly as soon as someone bashes Cherry everyone needs to even when they don't really feel that way.
Are you not forgetting all the Cherry defenders in this thread ?

Or do you simply disagree with anyone with a different viewpoint ?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Are you not forgetting all the Cherry defenders in this thread ?

Or do you simply disagree with anyone with a different viewpoint ?
My question is why does he even need to be defended? What has he done wrong? He's maybe too patriotic and loud and loves players from Kingston.

Feb 24, 2017
Don Cherry highlighting a nice assist by Austin Watson says something to the effect of “Good for him. He’s been through a rough time. He’s a good guy.”

Anyone here with anything to say about that?

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
The haters give Grapes life.
Yup.
Can we ****in unsticky this thread? Why does this senile *****ebag get special attention compared to any other broadcaster? Especially when he says **** like this.
Why do you care? Does Cherry get under your skin that much? Change the channel when he's on, problem solved. You're welcome.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yet you are smart enough to keep watching him. Duh.

I wouldn't say I watch Don or pay much attention to anything he says these days. If I've got the game on at home or if it's on at a bar, sure technically I'd be one of the ones who tunes in during the intermission - but that's just because I can't be bothered to ask the bartender to change the channel. :laugh:

As for his praise of Austin Watson, no surprise there.....born in Ann Arbor, Michigan so he's as close to a "good ol' Ontario boy" as you can get. Which is top-tier in Cherry's books, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->