Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The man’s brain simply doesnt work.

Wheeling him out there, barely coherent, to verbally vomit all over himself is starting to feel a bit like exploitation of the elderly.
Hilarious!! The nurses should probably keep him in the home for the playoffs, for his sake and ours!! lol

Can't wait for his whining about his 2 pet franchises having to play each other, and one has to lose.....boo-hoo Grapes!! lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Don's forgotten more about hockey than you or just about anyone on these boards will ever know. And people talking about him being an awful person are beyond ridiculous, in real life he is an amazing person who has done so much good for his country through his charitable efforts.
He is amazing isn't he....just ask him, and he will tell ya!! Guy is a huge blowhard, who has never won a Cup, but goes on like he's Scotty Bowman!! lol

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Oh wow....I know dahlin did things almost no one has done at his age, 44 Pts oa bad team as a kid with 21 mins a night, 57 percent corsi, crashing and banging and I know Brady would of done incredible given the chance, svechnikov is great and cirelli should be talked about, while heiskanen continues to show off his skill....

BUT....

Don cherry was stupid enough to say it not once but twice in two different segments even goes as far as to say mark my words about Binnington winning the Calder.

He admits playoffs don’t count and I’m a huge fan of Binnington infact the blues are who I want to win the cup and I think they have a chance, but it’s just not going to happen.

When Ron said we’ll petterson, cherry ironically talked about him by playing enough games like mcdavid. (Played twenty more over 80 percent of year I believe)

Binnington played not even half a year, and had a better team. Cherry used it against EP that he wasn’t in the playoffs it doesent work that way.

Reactions: Art of Sedinery

member 290103

I don't buy into the whole notion that Cherry needs to be fired or replaced. I will tune in now and then to listen to him - though it's no longer appointment viewing.

What I have found to be particularly irritating about him lately is his shameful homerism when it comes to the Leafs. The whole thing about him being a Bruins fan was always fine - but that's clearly just part of his schtick.

member 290103

Oh wow....I know dahlin did things almost no one has done at his age, 44 Pts oa bad team as a kid with 21 mins a night, 57 percent corsi, crashing and banging and I know Brady would of done incredible given the chance, svechnikov is great and cirelli should be talked about, while heiskanen continues to show off his skill....

BUT....

Don cherry was stupid enough to say it not once but twice in two different segments even goes as far as to say mark my words about Binnington winning the Calder.

He admits playoffs don’t count and I’m a huge fan of Binnington infact the blues are who I want to win the cup and I think they have a chance, but it’s just not going to happen.

When Ron said we’ll petterson, cherry ironically talked about him by playing enough games like mcdavid. (Played twenty more over 80 percent of year I believe)

Binnington played not even half a year, and had a better team. Cherry used it against EP that he wasn’t in the playoffs it doesent work that way.

The thing about Cherry that's irritating is that you know that if EP40 played in Toronto or was a Canadian kid from Missisauga, his answer would be different.

TenderHeart Bear

Oct 5, 2017
I thinks its likely Brian Burke takes over for Don Cherry. He already has a segment called "To the Point" with Ron Maclean/David Amber during the 1st intermission of the latenight doubleheader.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Make no mistake, Cherry is a brilliant entertainer. Since maybe the late 90s, to remain relevant, he's become a parody of his former self. Unfortunately the gig has lost its luster.
It used to be entertaining, with a hilarious 'old school' crafty non-PC undertone. However, nowadays the shtick has gotten stale. There's nothing intelligent about his gig anymore; it's just stupid.
Time for the retirement home Donny.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He's become moldy bread...time to put it out in the garbage...his time is up...beyond up, but the CBC don't want the backlash from the GTA viewers...
That doesn't answer the question of why this has become a bashing thread, remember if you have nothing nice to say it's better not to say anything.

Reactions: LarryO and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That doesn't answer the question of why this has become a bashing thread, remember if you have nothing nice to say it's better not to say anything.
Grapes goes on and on about the players being classy, and so on, and yet he is the biggest blowhard out there...he puts a target on himself. He is so arrogant, and I am not sure why? He won COY with the Bruins, and never a Cup...bizarre how good he thinks he is...

But you make a good point...rather than laugh at him, we should just stay quiet. He could also use your advice.

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad