Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
I feel sorry for the sad and pathetic lives that some people have when they post in a thread about a television entertainer with nothing but insults and derogatory comments about an elderly gentleman who shows respect to what he believes in.

Come on some of you just grow up for your own sake.
Wish I could like a post multiple times

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Cherry is well past his prime and overrated to begin with (sorry, never understood his hard line schtick). IMO the entire Hockey Night in Toronto show is obvious bias, they could at least try and make it look like there are 6 other teams in Canada. Now that Leafs have a legit team the fire hose is even wider.
Aren't all networks like this. You think TV networks don't magnify the Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Lakers, Hawks etc? Why should HNIC not try and pump up their biggest market? I am not a Leaf fan btw but it just makes sense. All about the $

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
It is starting to get embarrassing. he can barely put together a sentence. time for him to retire. he is close to 85 it is time. I really enjoyed him but it is getting unwatchable ....

Reactions: E40

serp

Jan 17, 2016
then dont watch? some of us still enjoy him for the character he is

I'm honestly starting to feel sorry for Cherry watching him now even though i'm not a fan of his. They're just carting out an old man who looks like he is confused and deteriorating really fast over and over again so some people can have a laugh . Is that really a good idea ?

Then again his HNIC appearences may be what keeps him going these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: MsMeow

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
He butchers Canadian / American names as well, but what do facts matter right? I guess it's easier to poke fun of this, then admit he was right again about the hockey Gods and Team Canada running up the score against Denmark
Hockey Gods = Fact?
I would say it is easier to poke fun about his mispronunciations than it is to believe in some almighty hockey-deities that decide the outcome of games based on hockey-karma.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don't think Don said anything controversial tonight. Of course talking about McDavid, he's always getting paid millions to play so that's probably why he doesn't quit, but other then that it was a decent Coach's Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad