Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Karl Eriksson . Legendary former Ottawa Senator .

I know Cherry is 84 now but come on . Thats just awful. Erik Karlsson was the face of the Senators for what 5-6 years now ? Make me think he might've done that on purpose because he didn't like Karlsson very much . Otherwise that mistake , i don't know.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
there is no longer any doubt that Mr Cherry has had a brain altering event.

his comments about the leaf loss against the bruins tonight was strange to say the least.

the hit to McAvoy was not that serious.

the bruin hits were retaliatory

it is fair to say that a "rational" comment from him would be how his injury riddled beloved bruins took out the leafs in pretty much a must win situation

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
there is no longer any doubt that Mr Cherry has had a brain altering event.

his comments about the leaf loss against the bruins tonight was strange to say the least.

the hit to McAvoy was not that serious.

the bruin hits were retaliatory

it is fair to say that a "rational" comment from him would be how his injury riddled beloved bruins took out the leafs in pretty much a must win situation
He was right about the Marner dive though and the Leafs being soft, too many Euro style guys

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He was right about the Marner dive though and the Leafs being soft, too many Euro style guys

Considering ~half my team is european this season. There's more hard hitting and at times dirty european players than some people give them credit for. Not even every european league is this no hitting cliche that some people make it out to be.

Last edited:

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Cherry was on the sauce tonight, my goodness they need to get him off the air.
Cherry is well past his prime and overrated to begin with (sorry, never understood his hard line schtick). IMO the entire Hockey Night in Toronto show is obvious bias, they could at least try and make it look like there are 6 other teams in Canada. Now that Leafs have a legit team the fire hose is even wider.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Cherry is well past his prime and overrated to begin with (sorry, never understood his hard line schtick). IMO the entire Hockey Night in Toronto show is obvious bias, they could at least try and make it look like there are 6 other teams in Canada. Now that Leafs have a legit team the fire hose is even wider.
You could always blame the people who pay for ads. They are Toronto heavy because that's the team with the highest ratings. So therefore the largest revenue stream. It's simple business.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
You could always blame the people who pay for ads. They are Toronto heavy because that's the team with the highest ratings. So therefore the largest revenue stream. It's simple business.
Not blaming anyone simply calling it like I see it...the coverage for non-Leafs teams in Canada by TSN/SN/HNIC is a joke.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
For someone who complains about how much time he has, to take a minute to talk about fashion and Matthew's shoes, Cherry sure does seem to enjoy that fashion segment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prairie Habs

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
I haven't watched Cherry for years, until just now when I couldn't find the remote.

Geezus. Somebody tell Cherry that it's the players who ice the puck, not the linesmen. Evidently, linesmen are responsible for icing, and judges and juries responsible for crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->