Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Most people here take Cherry too seriously.

At the end of the day Cherry is nothing more than an entertainer, and a very good one at that. Love him or hate him, there’s no denying his success as a performer.

Cherry obviously believes what he speaks, but it’s also obvious that he purposely exaggerates the ‘narrow minded old-timer’ thing. Cherry’s no dummy. It’s his shtick. He’s crafted an image for himself and plays the part to perfection.

That's exactly it. I agree with some of what he says, and disagree with some of it. But I don't take it seriously. He and Ron MacLean play really well off of each other, and I'll miss them when they're gone.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
it's true. frontrunners refers to those who are fans of their team only when they are winning. they bail on the team when they aren't doing well. a self entitled fan base.

oh so you mean the pens, hawks, ducks, canes etc....fans that are cool with the team when they go on a cup run but otherwise well, you've seen them when they dont.

Habs fans are pretty f***ing loyal.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
oh so you mean the pens, hawks, ducks, canes etc....fans that are cool with the team when they go on a cup run but otherwise well, you've seen them when they dont.

Habs fans are pretty ****ing loyal.

yeah there are a lot of fans that are like that. montreal fans are right in there with the fair weather front runner type.

montreal has had attendance issues in the past like for example when they missed the playoffs in 09-01 range. their fans are with the team when they are doing okay but when adversity hits they take it personal and are not there to support them through the bad times.

they also have a habit of booing their players. they were giving price the bronx cheer when he made a save in the L.A game just last week.

just admit the truth.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Lol Don. Joc Pederson went overboard with his home run celebration buts lets not act like the Astros didnt do the same antics. Stick to hockey.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I've watched Don for decades and I usually marvel at his beautiful suits, but this is the dumbest suit I've ever seen on him or anyone else except for maybe Craig Monroe, wear.

WTF, Don? You're slipping.

BellMTSPlace

Oct 5, 2017
BellMTSPlace_____Downtown
I've watched Don for decades and I usually marvel at his beautiful suits, but this is the dumbest suit I've ever seen on him or anyone else except for maybe Craig Monroe, wear.

WTF, Don? You're slipping.

His suit was for cancer awareness.

your comment is stupid. i can see now the types of people who dislike cherry. doesn't say much about lol

Reactions: PanthersPens62

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
His suit was for cancer awareness.

your comment is stupid. i can see now the types of people who dislike cherry. doesn't say much about lol
I like Don Cherry. What kind of [mod] person would assume anyone is against cancer awareness?

[mod] 'HELlo!

I'm talking about how the suit looks. [mod] you have bad taste to defend such an ugly piece of clothing.

Have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad