Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Has nothing to do with his age. Where did I say it did? It's because he has no idea what he is talking about. His views on hockey were badly aged 10 years ago let alone today. Don't even get started on his views for society which were aged 40 years ago let alone today. Either way you slice it he is entertaining in the same way Alex Jones is.
By saying that what Cherry says is dated 40 years, IS saying he's too old.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
"Jaden Schwartz only makes $500,000 a year"

- Don Cherry

ummmmmmm might want to double check his salary there Donny boy.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Another great segment tonight. Loved his rant about the linesmen & even though I am not a Melnyk fan, he made some good points about the lack of fan support even when they were making their run at a Cup. And always enjoy hearing him talk about his love for junior hockey & the minor midgets.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
He's right about the linesmen being out of control. Nobody pays to see their theatrics even in the name of fixing faceoff cheating or other issues.
But he's out to lunch on being privy to some of these junior kids and the media being clueless. Complaining about people coming up to him late on Mitch Marner? Local media's been covering him since he was like 4 or 5.

QKIlCvq.jpg

Shame Don couldn't translate some of that exclusive knowledge to when he coached/Gmed the Icedogs.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Another great segment tonight. Loved his rant about the linesmen & even though I am not a Melnyk fan, he made some good points about the lack of fan support even when they were making their run at a Cup. And always enjoy hearing him talk about his love for junior hockey & the minor midgets.

"He spends millions and millions. They had a good run last year but they didn't fill the seats. I'm sure he'd sell out in Quebec". That's some grade A arguments.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
"Jaden Schwartz only makes $500,000 a year"

- Don Cherry

ummmmmmm might want to double check his salary there Donny boy.

Donny Boy is similar to another Donny in the sense that he isn't interested in facts. Whatever he has to say to get his point across he will.

I am not a Melnyk fan, he made some good points about the lack of fan support even when they were making their run at a Cup.

Sens fans have spent millions and millions and what have they gotten? An owner who hasnt been committed to putting a quality product on the ice. Any money he has had to spend to operate the team is his own fault.

Last edited:

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Idk how to cite an entire decade of nonsese so I won't bother.

LOL. Typical keyboard warrior.

"He's said so many stupid things, but I can't name a single one because I don't know anything about hockey and know full well I'll get crushed if I cite an example and then put myself in a position to be challenged. So really, I am everything I accuse Cherry of being, but hopefully know one catches on."

But start with the times he was jerking off the Iraq War.

Let's start with that. What is your issue with what he said, and why do you feel that way?

He's been over seas to visit the Troops and does more in a week to support the Military than you could ever do in a lifetime. But sure, here's your chance to have a audience to provide your opinion. I'm sure with your intelligence, you'll be pulling in millions of viewers like Cherry does

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He's been over seas to visit the Troops and does more in a week to support the Military than you could ever do in a lifetime. But sure, here's your chance to have a audience to provide your opinion. I'm sure with your intelligence, you'll be pulling in millions of viewers like Cherry does

You implying that Cherry pulls in intelligent viewers?

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
IMHO, Cherry is just towing the corporate line (look at his employers and connections/associations). He's going to support owners, more or less, no matter what they do or who is against them. If you had a private chat with him, it's possible he would say something else other than what is publicly reported/published.

Sens fans are in the same boat as Leaf fans were (still are, imho) and Leaf fans endured a shoddy product from a company (or group of companies) that was (is) overly greedy for decades. Even when the Leafs had some decent years and were qualifying for the playoffs, they still failed and the ownership was still making huge profits but the on-ice product was more or less static until it nose dived into mediocrity or worse.

No one statted any twitter/facebook protests and the media was only mildly critical of ownership.

CBC/HNIC etc. didn't seriously criticize the Leafs' corporate ownership then and sure won't now. It's not any different with Ottawa's (situation).

It's good that the fans are speaking up and they are showing that they perceive what is going on although what they are saying is more or less true of any of the franchises. Profit is their number one motive. It's just that the Sens' management has been more inept than the rest or it's a combination of that and bad luck/bad decisions etc. Having an arena in a bad location is not helping.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Every week he shows a clip of a prediction he made that was 100% dead on correct. You on the other hand....

That’s wild. He’s wrong in his predictions more often than not but what’s more concerning is how he constantly misrepresents facts. You can call bullshit on at least one thing Don says per week.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Don Cherry has not had anything wortwhile to say for a decade or more. It's elder abuse to keep him on tv at this point.
Go to your safe place where everyone agrees with your opinion lol Actually Cherry is right on many of his views but but the snow flakes can't take it .His style may be abrasive but he is right on on many of his views on hockey and society lol

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Don't mean this to try to insult Don. Guy is doing an amazing job considering his age.

But this is pretty funny, and I can't get it out of my head, so I feel like I need to drag others in with me.

Reactions: Pilky01

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Go to your safe place where everyone agrees with your opinion lol Actually Cherry is right on many of his views but but the snow flakes can't take it .His style may be abrasive but he is right on on many of his views on hockey and society lol

...You realize that you're saying that to someone who has basically been disagreeing with YOUR opinion, right?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

This is a guy who called Kevin Bieksa the best dman in the NHL like two years ago, you can disagree with him without being a "snowflake"(good one by the way the perfect combination of originality and engaging in a debate with substance) anyway just checked in on this thread to see if people were talking about the Sens comments should have known it would be cancerous. I actually like Cherry but every defense in this thread is absolutely feeble "politically correct snowflakes" grow up talk about something with substance and stop trying to turn five minutes of an entertainer into some sort of war on political correctness I don't care about political correctness but I do care when people like you think what you are saying is waaaaay more important than it is.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Why do you think, in 2018, that this is a good thing?

Cause it boosts the morale of people who protect your ass so you don't have to do it yourself? I say kudos to anyone who does either of those things....regardless of what year it is.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Cause it boosts the morale of people who protect your ass so you don't have to do it yourself? I say kudos to anyone who does either of those things....regardless of what year it is.

And you're so terribly threatened there all by yourself oceans away from the wars your troops fight? Honor the police rather.
Patriotism has its time and place, but nonstop onanating about the military is rather embarassing. On a tangent the words of Sir Fry: "How dare you?"

snag

Feb 22, 2014
And you're so terribly threatened there all by yourself oceans away from the wars your troops fight? Honor the police rather.
Patriotism has its time and place, but nonstop onanating about the military is rather embarassing. On a tangent the words of Sir Fry: "How dare you?"

Yeah, K. Whatever chief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->