Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
He should have a segment where you can call in and challenge him on his stuff he has said over the years. Him ranting on the leafs for drafting nylander over Ritchie comes to mind. His time when he owned the icedogs how they were such a mess.

Reactions: Epsilon

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
He should have a segment where you can call in and challenge him on his stuff he has said over the years. Him ranting on the leafs for drafting nylander over Ritchie comes to mind. His time when he owned the icedogs how they were such a mess.

Cherry is way too much of a coward for that. Coach's Corner is his safe space where he can bloviate basically unchallenged.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I still don't understand the usual's that just come in the thread to cry about Cherry. The fact anybody takes him seriously enough to actually be upset by anything he says is absolutely hilarious. Like if you don't like him....Crazy idea, maybe stop watching him.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I still don't understand the usual's that just come in the thread to cry about Cherry. The fact anybody takes him seriously enough to actually be upset by anything he says is absolutely hilarious. Like if you don't like him....Crazy idea, maybe stop watching him.

It's a tragedy that this thread could not be focused on discussing the topics that Cherry speaks about on the show. I guess some folk just need to belittle others to make themselves feel good.

Reactions: LarryO

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I don't think you know Cherry very well, he's loud obnoxious, sometimes irrational, but usually right, but he's no coward.

He's absolutely a coward (and very rarely ever right). A TV tough guy who never puts himself in a position where he might actually be challenged in an uncomfortable way that would expose his buffoonery and simplistic, ignorant, and outdated views.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
He's absolutely a coward (and very rarely ever right). A TV tough guy who never puts himself in a position where he might actually be challenged in an uncomfortable way that would expose his buffoonery and simplistic, ignorant, and outdated views.

Yet you know so MUCH about him and slam him from behind the sanctity of your computer. My oh my you are so courageous. In your opinion is this how cultured and sophisticated people act towards others? Share your 'wisdom' and let us know. :eek:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
"What did you do at work today sweetie?"

"Oh I defended Don Cherry on hf boards"

Or defended the right for people to speak their mind.

Keep on whining about an elderly gentleman who laughs his bum off at geniuses who are so uptight that they get all bent out of shape hearing an entertainer do his job.

How many times have some of you been ridiculed and embarrassed while heckling a comedian?

LOL

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Or defended the right for people to speak their mind.

Keep on whining about an elderly gentleman who laughs his bum off at geniuses who are so uptight that they get all bent out of shape hearing an entertainer do his job.

How many times have some of you been ridiculed and embarrassed while heckling a comedian?

LOL

Don Cherry has not had anything wortwhile to say for a decade or more. It's elder abuse to keep him on tv at this point.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Don Cherry has not had anything wortwhile to say for a decade or more. It's elder abuse to keep him on tv at this point.

Why do you pay any attention to him or even comment on him then? There are guys I dislike and I ignore them completely and don't complain about them for the sake of it. I'm sure your criticism isn't doing anything constructive.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Why do you pay any attention to him or even comment on him then? There are guys I dislike and I ignore them completely and don't complain about them for the sake of it. I'm sure your criticism isn't doing anything constructive.

I like his segment and find it entertaining just let's be honest and not pretend like he has anything valid to say at this point.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I like his segment and find it entertaining just let's be honest and not pretend like he has anything valid to say at this point.

But he does, nearly every video clip shown on his segment is to highlight a to do, or not to do for kids/young players.

Other than that he shares his own opinion on topics just as you and I do on this site, except people actually care what he has to say. You seem to be trying to invalidate him because or his age, or because your views differ from his, which makes you wrong.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
But he does, nearly every video clip shown on his segment is to highlight a to do, or not to do for kids/young players.

Other than that he shares his own opinion on topics just as you and I do on this site, except people actually care what he has to say. You seem to be trying to invalidate him because or his age, or because your views differ from his, which makes you wrong.

Has nothing to do with his age. Where did I say it did? It's because he has no idea what he is talking about. His views on hockey were badly aged 10 years ago let alone today. Don't even get started on his views for society which were aged 40 years ago let alone today. Either way you slice it he is entertaining in the same way Alex Jones is.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Has nothing to do with his age. Where did I say it did? It's because he has no idea what he is talking about. His views on hockey were badly aged 10 years ago let alone today. Don't even get started on his views for society which were aged 40 years ago let alone today. Either way you slice it he is entertaining in the same way Alex Jones is.

I don’t know who Alex Jones is.

Idk, I don’t see anything wrong with what he’s doing. And he has enough of a following to justify the cheque he receives to do it. If you can cite specific things he’s said that you are so against that might be more helpful in illustrating what it is i’m not getting about him that’s outdated, wrong and or offensive.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I don’t know who Alex Jones is.

Idk, I don’t see anything wrong with what he’s doing. And he has enough of a following to justify the cheque he receives to do it. If you can cite specific things he’s said that you are so against that might be more helpful in illustrating what it is i’m not getting about him that’s outdated, wrong and or offensive.

Idk how to cite an entire decade of nonsese so I won't bother. But start with the times he was jerking off the Iraq War.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

Well if you find it entertaining enjoy it and maybe speak about the good you find in it rather then harp on the negatives? Just a thought.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Good one

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yes, it is a good description of that decrepit old moron. Glad you think so.
Why do you care so much about him? Like I am honestly curious. I just do not get why anyone gets so emotionally invested in Don Cherry :laugh: Don't take yourself so seriously and if you don't like him that much change the channel when he comes on. That shockingly is what most people do when things they hate come on their TV.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

What scenario could he put himself in that he could be challenged in an uncomfortable way? Giving in to your dream of beating up an old man?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MattBarzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad