Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
296128597_02eec1694c.jpg

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Another season of the repeated uses of the words "Here" and "There", sometimes twice in the same sentence. It's amusing, even though I wonder if that's just the way normal Canadians talk.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
My prediction for Cherry's take on Wilson's and MarchanD's hits respectively:

Wilson: He'll be outraged by the 20 game suspension and say that the victim should have had his head up. He might give Wilson a small shaming shake of the finger and say "you're a multiple repeat offender and need to tone it down just a wee bit... they're out to get you."

MarchanD: Might get a small friendly reminder about waiting for the opponent to drop his gloves first..... but c'mon, a good Canadian kid vs. a European over-exuberantly celebrating a 7-0 goal?... and then taunting the other team too boot?... that team being his beloved Bruins...

He's going to tear Eller apart.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I say this purely from a entertainment standpoint and not a political triggering standpoint, but I would love to watch Don Cherry and Donald Trump do a debate. I think it would be really entertaining.

Other than arguing over which sport they feel is better, I actually think these two would see eye to eye on a lot of things. Not much of a debate to be had. :laugh:

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Yech could care less about him ..
I’m so glad you came into this thread to share this

Don is a hockey purist, loves the game through and through. Might be hard for the younger generation to understand his views, but he has seen so many changes in this game it would be hard to take, especially when you love the game that much. Say what you want about him but I have a hard time believing a lot of you that criticize him know more about the game than he does

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
The last original thought Cherry had about hockey was to tell Bobby Orr to get on the ice in the 74-75 season(Orr's last full season before his cumulative knee injuries basically derailed his career). His distain for Quebec born players is only surpassed by his hatred of European players. He is a clown and when he comes on I switch the channel(usually to the weather channel where at least I learn something useful).

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
The last original thought Cherry had about hockey was to tell Bobby Orr to get on the ice in the 74-75 season(Orr's last full season before his cumulative knee injuries basically derailed his career). His distain for Quebec born players is only surpassed by his hatred of European players. He is a clown and when he comes on I switch the channel(usually to the weather channel where at least I learn something useful).

Cool story bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->