Don Cherry bashes Crosby HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
MartinStLouis said:
Everyone is telling me about what Don Cherry said. Can anyone provide a link or video/audio stream of what Don Cherry said? This would help me out tremendously, Thanks.

I don't know of any clips, but wanted to share my thoughts on this. I respect Don Cherry, but he is wrong in saying what he said about Crosby. He is just a KID. He makes the game exciting and adds to that with celebration. Why not? The game could use a little UMPH!!! Kudos to Kovalchuk as well. Crosby is still playing junior and having the time of his life. Now I'm sure by now he has heard what Don Cherry said...and I hope he ignores it. Let the kid be a kid.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
IF crosby is celebrating like a knob and taking it over the line, i hope he gets pasted with a clean hit or something, and told to mellow out..

no need for that crap

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
andora said:
IF crosby is celebrating like a knob and taking it over the line, i hope he gets pasted with a clean hit or something, and told to mellow out..

no need for that crap
I saw the game and he celebrate respectfully.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
Funny how the biggest HOT Dog on hockey accuses someone else of being one. Cherry is an idot, plain and simple. Basically is Madonna, Dennis Rodman, etc....people using contoversy to become popular, and the media eats it up so its effective. I doubt he really believes half the crap he spews.

Watch when Sidney becomes close to making the NHL, Cherry will be singing his praise and taking credit for his success. Likely saying it was him calling Crosby a hot dog that got the kid focused..blah, blah, blah

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
andora said:

no need for that crap

Great... now we're calling a well-spoken, bright, and skilled kid a 'knob'. Why not call him a showboating ****? I'd bet ten bucks you won't say a damn thing when that kid scores in the WJC and wins it for us and then celebrates wildly with his teammates. He's 16 and enjoying himself... lay off. He's got lots of growing up to do. What 16yr old doesn't?

BTW, I hope the next person that tries to lay a hand on the kid gets the crap kicked out of him by someone on crosby's team... it'd teach him and goons like Cherry not to take runs at those not apt to defend themselves. You should be ashamed and so should Don Cherry.

I suppose you'd rather that the next face of hockey has a mug like Domi, so that you can clap your arm around him the next time he jumps magnus arvedson or someone else who can think with any part of his body than his fists? Makes me sick...

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
habsfansam said:
Great... now we're calling a well-spoken, bright, and skilled kid a 'knob'. Why not call him a showboating ****? I'd bet ten bucks you won't say a damn thing when that kid scores in the WJC and wins it for us and then celebrates wildly with his teammates. He's 16 and enjoying himself... lay off. He's got lots of growing up to do. What 16yr old doesn't?

BTW, I hope the next person that tries to lay a hand on the kid gets the crap kicked out of him by someone on crosby's team... it'd teach him and goons like Cherry not to take runs at those not apt to defend themselves. You should be ashamed and so should Don Cherry.

I suppose you'd rather that the next face of hockey has a mug like Domi, so that you can clap your arm around him the next time he jumps magnus arvedson or someone else who can think with any part of his body than his fists? Makes me sick...

do you honestly have a defficiency?.. read my post again... the word IF in capitals.. meaning a conditional statement, not a claim..

my lord

KillToronto

Crosby can do whatever kind of celebrating he wants. Don Cherry is a whining, old, ridiculously boring man who has a million Pejorative Slured pet peves and nobody likes him. He should go complain and cry to a psychiatrist if someone celebrating a goal in a sporting event bothers him so much. Jesus what the hell is the big deal if someone celebrates a goal? What do you want, a penalty for too much celebrating or something?

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
andora said:
do you honestly have a defficiency?.. read my post again... the word IF in capitals.. meaning a conditional statement, not a claim..

my lord

I have no appreciation for the sentiment you send in hoping that crosby gets "pasted" (cleanly) by anyone...regardless of him celebrating a goal like 'knob' or not. it reminds me of people who celebrated when Pierre Turgeon got run by Dale Hunter.

Don Cherry was entirely out of line. He has a national audience and rather than picking on the paid professionals he is paid to pick on, he chooses in his role as a hockey hero to lay into a good-natured kid who enjoys playing the game... he chooses to lay into a 16-YEAR-OLD on national television!!! If you felt inspired by his pathetic rant to come her and post conditional conjecture about how "IF he's a knob.." imagine what other bullshit that kid has to put up with... imagine being 16 and having someone say, "SHAME ON YOU!" on national television!! I hope crosby gets drafted by philly or montreal and proceeds to spend the rest of his career putting boston out of the playoffs over and over and over...

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
why are you so angry? big words don't hide the anger..

give me a break...

"I have no appreciation for the sentiment you send in hoping that crosby gets "pasted" (cleanly) by anyone...regardless of him celebrating a goal like 'knob' or not. it reminds me of people who celebrated when Pierre Turgeon got run by Dale Hunter.

this is so far off it's unreal, one end of the spectrum to another. the hunter play was an idiot doing an idiotic thing, it has nothing to do with what i'm saying and said, completely different..

and there is so much bitterness in your second paragraph.. conditional conjecture.. i love it

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
KillToronto said:
Crosby can do whatever kind of celebrating he wants. Don Cherry is a whining, old, ridiculously boring man who has a million Pejorative Slured pet peves and nobody likes him. He should go complain and cry to a psychiatrist if someone celebrating a goal in a sporting event bothers him so much. Jesus what the hell is the big deal if someone celebrates a goal? What do you want, a penalty for too much celebrating or something?
The celebrating was mild
The goal/move was effective, brutally so; absolutely no embellishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad