Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

Ottawa Hockey Fan

Apr 9, 2012
As far as I know EK has the OK from the team to keep quiet - that should be enough for the 'professionals' in the industry to get over themselves and move on for a few days.

And I love this grandeur 'Voice of The People' character Donni is trying to put on right now. I line my rat's cage with the free copies of the Sun I get from work - and George Michael's pellets are most weight Brennan's words will ever hold.

This post isn't getting the love it deserves!

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Humm ... Brennan is in the business of getting opinions & quotes from athletes so he can write articles about the team, I believe that`s his job description. As long as I have been watching sports athletes have been interviewed by sports writers & giving opinions about their play, their team & their sport.

Karlsson doesn`t seem to want to be interviewed & seems to prefer to just send out tweets when he feels like it, which to me means he can control the message. It could be a sign of the times in this age of technology or it could be a new way to avoid being critizied which could become the norm as athletes mostly give us the team line anyway. I don`t think Brennan is a hack because of it & don`t blame Karlsson for not wanting to be asked questions about his play or the team`s. However, I would prefer to see athletes being questioned about their play & being held accountable. IMO Karlsson makes a lot of mistakes & although he gets his pts he still needs to be critizied for his risky plays & mistakes.

That's the coaches job to hold him accountable....his boss. Karlsson is not an elected official, he has no obligation to talk to Brennan. Obviously its risky business-wise for a PRIVATE company that happens to be a sports team to have their players play nice with the media, but to be honest, I find the vast majority of player interviews boring, repetitive, and scripted. Not to mention they are boring, repetitive and scripted. And repetitive. Karlsson, personal stuff (for which I have no interest in) aside, had a tough year due to the injury and coming back from it. English is also his 2nd language. I can completely understand him being cranky, and to be honest I like him playing with that edge.

Brennan = dan shaughnessy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's the coaches job to hold him accountable....his boss. Karlsson is not an elected official, he has no obligation to talk to Brennan. Obviously its risky business-wise for a PRIVATE company that happens to be a sports team to have their players play nice with the media, but to be honest, I find the vast majority of player interviews boring, repetitive, and scripted. Not to mention they are boring, repetitive and scripted. And repetitive. Karlsson, personal stuff (for which I have no interest in) aside, had a tough year due to the injury and coming back from it. English is also his 2nd language. I can completely understand him being cranky, and to be honest I like him playing with that edge.

Brennan = dan shaughnessy

Athletes in every sport are hounded by sports writers, it's been that way for a 100 yrs, Brennan was just doing his job IMO. This could turn into another Torts against Brooks. :laugh:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Athletes in every sport are hounded by sports writers, it's been that way for a 100 yrs, Brennan was just doing his job IMO. This could turn into another Torts against Brooks. :laugh:

absolutely! i'm not saying this is a one-off....but if this was any other work environment, this would be the equivalent to bullying....for which there are a millions ads on a day saying that bullying at school, at work, etc is wrong.

What I find really funny is that, unlike a major city like NY or TOR, Brennan's options are limited...and biting the hand that feeds, and going for the whole arm while he's at it just reeks of poor decision-making...

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
5 pages of posts - 3 after the bump. Stop feeding the troll :)

Why? Don't we all get **** on for starting "unnecessary" threads? Isn't resurrecting old threads what we are supposed to do? Isn't the Mod motto "If it's not on the first page doesn't mean it's not there"?

I for one think Brennan is a tool. And this is the perfect outlet. I sure had no idea this thread existed back in the day.

It's not like it doesn't pertain to the Sens.

:handclap:

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Why? Don't we all get **** on for starting "unnecessary" threads? Isn't resurrecting old threads what we are supposed to do? Isn't the Mod motto "If it's not on the first page doesn't mean it's not there"?

I for one think Brennan is a tool. And this is the perfect outlet. I sure had no idea this thread existed back in the day.

He thinks Brennan made and bumped the thread all in an elaborate ruse to bump paper sales - while in reality the guy's sweating over a slice of Gabriel's right now.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm appreciative of the fact that Brennan managed to write a terrible article without talking about his penis this time.

Baby steps, Don. Baby steps.

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON
So I guess that means we're 5-0-1 since he stopped talking? You'll have to forgive me if I don't give a **** who Erik Karlsson talks to as long as the team is performing well, and even if they aren't I want to hear from the GM and Coach, not the same garbage from the players.

We're starting to turn a corner, gain some confidence and win some games and Brennan wants to bring this **** out? Cool, good on ya Donny, just doin' yer job right? Make sure you get to the bottom of why that 23 year old had a ****** year when any ******* with an internet connection (ie. myself) can figure it out.

The worst part of all of this is he probably knows exactly what is going on.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

No because Brooks was trying to get an answer about a game and Brennan is trying to pry into Karlsson's private life in obsessing about why he made a certain tweet.

Not the same thing. And up until recently Kalrsson has always been good about talking to the press.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I can't believe people still read that propaganda rag they call the Ottawa Sun.

This popped up here and in my facebook feed today so I'm guessing this just became one of the most viewed and read articles the Sun has published in this young year. Guess what? They don't care if you disagree with the opinions, what's been written, reported or even if its accurate information, they just care that you click that link. That's how they get revenue. And as long as the Sun is a sponsor of the Senators and Don Brennan is one of the columnists that get the most attention be it positive or negative, there's no chance of him ever being disallowed into the locker room.

So, how about we do our part and never view anything published by the Ottawa Sun ever again? That's the only way to get him out. There's nothing but fat hack sports writers and right wing shills that work at that company, so grow your damn minds and go elsewhere for news and sports. Its the Fox News of Canada. Treat it as such.
Seriously. I have no idea what the article is about or said because i refuse to check it out and give them what they want.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
OttawaSunDonBrennan.JPG

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How about he just talks to the media and gives his analysis of the game? why cant he do that? hes an athlete followed by thousands of fans. And he gets paid pretty well for it. I for one don't care for player interviews so its whatever to me. Interviewers ask boring questions and players give boring answers

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
How about he just talks to the media and gives his analysis of the game? why cant he do that? hes an athlete followed by thousands of fans. And he gets paid pretty well for it. I for one don't care for player interviews so its whatever to me. Interviewers ask boring questions and players give boring answers

so who gives a **** if he doesn't do it? Pejorative Slurs, that's who.

Ron Jeremy

No because Brooks was trying to get an answer about a game and Brennan is trying to pry into Karlsson's private life in obsessing about why he made a certain tweet.

Not the same thing. And up until recently Kalrsson has always been good about talking to the press.

That kind of tweet cries for prying. Don't tell me you don't have Facebook friends who post .... "So terrible" or some other cryptic crap like that in a ploy for attention and someone to ask them what's wrong.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

This is our motto.
ref-you-cant-do-that.gif

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
It's funny cause all the people in this thread taking Brennan's side are the same ones who'll jump on Brennan's "Trade Karlsson" bandwagon. You know he's going to start it soon.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I dont understand why Karlsson doesnt come out and say "I wont discuss my personal life"

Then its end of story, can no longer be a distracrtion...

I dont care if he speaks or not on a day to day basis, I just dont like the negativity surrounding our franchise player... He wouldnt answer questions after being named to the Olympic team either(To any reporters), he just seems to be immature at times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->